free website stats program cutting out cats | Harley Davidson Forums

cutting out cats

67wizard

I know this is old but. I have a friend that want to know is it worth the money to buy a header (Fullsac or V&H) or just drill or cut out the cat in his headpipe 2014 year bike. I would but a different one but thats just me. I will show hime the answers u guys give.
Thanks

I know this is old but. I have a friend that want to know is it worth the money to buy a header (Fullsac or V&H) or just drill or cut out the cat in his headpipe 2014 year bike. I would but a different one but thats just me. I will show hime the answers u guys give.
Thanks

Of course it would be better to purchase a Fullsac X pipe or the V&H Power Duals but if $$ is an issue, gutting the cat for a stock or Stage I motor is fine. However, drilling the cat out is not the correct way to go at it; he won't get all the material out and some of what remains could be pulled back into the cylinder on a reversion pulse.

Much better to take it to a muffler shop that can cut the cat chamber open and remove all the cat and weld it back up.

If you/friend are anywhere near mechanically inclined, cut it out and clean it out yourself. I've never welded before, so I paid a guy at Midas $25 to weld it back together

I also cut the cat out of my stock head pipe and paid someone to weld the plate back on. My local Harley dealer sold me a brand new take off head pipe with the chrome shields for $75.00. I'm keeping it just in case they ever get tough doing inspections.

Thanks guys I think I have him going to the muffler shop and getting it cut out and welded back. Yes money is a big issue for him. Only changes are going to be slipons and and sstage 1 ac.

I took out my baffles and insulation on my 2015 SG. I'm considering removing my CAT as well. It should be ok that way with a high flow intake and fuel pack, right??

I took out my baffles and insulation on my 2015 SG. I'm considering removing my CAT as well. It should be ok that way with a high flow intake and fuel pack, right??

There's that whole backpressure issue to consider

If remove the cat and put the baffles back in or get some good slipons to give you the sound you wanted by removing the baffles.
WAP.gif

Back