free website stats program cutting down a winshield | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

cutting down a winshield

Lorne if you would like I will cut down your windshield for you in Feb. I have cut many of them for friends. Myself I use an 8 1/2" Clearview recurve. Lets me see over it and most of the wind goes over too.

Lorne if you would like I will cut down your windshield for you in Feb. I have cut many of them for friends. Myself I use an 8 1/2" Clearview recurve. Lets me see over it and most of the wind goes over too.

thanks Steve but i think i have it covered...if not i will let you know....if i get the Alaska stuff going with out a hitch i might run away to Saltsprings anyway..:newsmile065:

Here's what I did,
Taped the area where I was going to cut with blue painters tape, both sides.
Marked where I wanted to cut.
Used a Dremel with a sheetrock cutter blade, on high speed, move slow, fan blowing on surface of cut while cutting to cool plastic and blow off dust.
Touch-up edges with a fine file or sandpaper on a block.
Check cut, remove tape, install and ride.
Worked for me.

Try these guys, Long Ride Shields
Just a happy customer, I have no connections with the company.
67wizard

Thanks 67wizard! Am in the market for a new shield but had sticker shock when I looked at some other brands. Think I'll give them a try. Now if I could just ride and try it out... Maine winters, GRRRrrrrr...:bigsmiley19:

Thanks 67wizard! Am in the market for a new shield but had sticker shock when I looked at some other brands. Think I'll give them a try. Now if I could just ride and try it out... Maine winters, GRRRrrrrr...:bigsmiley19:

If you lived closer I would let you try mine as its for sale. It won't fit my 2014 bike.

If you lived closer I would let you try mine as its for sale. It won't fit my 2014 bike.

Hey, I see you have the same bike and color I want. How do you like it so far??? Can you tell a big difference in how hot or cool it runs??? What's your opinion of the infotainment thingy??? Is the new motor that much more powerful than the older 103's??? Give us a report please. Inquiring minds want to know :D

Hey, I see you have the same bike and color I want. How do you like it so far??? Can you tell a big difference in how hot or cool it runs??? What's your opinion of the infotainment thingy??? Is the new motor that much more powerful than the older 103's??? Give us a report please. Inquiring minds want to know :D

After my first ride on a demo ride that the shop provided for me, I was sold.
The motor is really smother and more powerful than my 2010 with the upgrade to a 103 with 255cams and TTS master tune. On the highway just give it some gas and away you go. I was so impressed I bought one. My 2010 UC was great with the upgrades but this is really much better all around. Can't tell if it runs cooler or not as the temperature out here has been much cooler. When the nomal temperature gets bach to 100+ then we'll see. See if you can demo ride one and I bet you will be impressed as I was. Really the bike is really improved all the way around. While in the office signing the papers, another shop called looking for that bike and my dealer said its just now being sold. I don't think there is another one in AZ, NV, or Utah.

lorne,

I have cut down 2 windshields on my bikes, I cut the bottom, that way you leave the nice clean edge on the top.

I tried a jig saw first but it created a lot of vibration, wound up using a spin saw with a fine toothed blade, it did melt the cut line some but I used an electric sander to smoth the edge.

Good luck.

Back