free website stats program Customizing a 100th Anniversary Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Customizing a 100th Anniversary Ultra

horizonchaser

Contributor
I was wondering if I could get some feedback from this forum regarding changing my stock 100th anniversary Ultra with some minor things like the Live to Ride Eagle on the gas cap or by changing the Derby cover to the gold Live to Ride cover. I mean, I will still have the originals when I make the change. I'm not talking anything radical here but is this like a major taboo? I know that it is my ride, and I just like the way they look.
Thanks for any input!

I was wondering if I could get some feedback from this forum regarding changing my stock 100th anniversary Ultra with some minor things like the Live to Ride Eagle on the gas cap or by changing the Derby cover to the gold Live to Ride cover. I mean, I will still have the originals when I make the change. I'm not talking anything radical here but is this like a major taboo? I know that it is my ride, and I just like the way they look.
Thanks for any input!

If you like it, do it. Like you said it's your ride. :)

I am a big fan of Harley-Davidson. One of the reasons is the ability to take a stock motorcycle and make it your own. That's something that no other company can offer, at least in comparison to what HD has to offer. Go out and dress up your bagger the way that you want. That's your right and your priveledge.

Thanks for any input!

Got one too. These are NOT numbered bikes, so there is no premium on leaving it stock (I also have a numbered '91 Dyna which should be left!).

The main thing to consider in what you do to the bike is upgrading the spring loaded chain tensioners on the cam shafts drive. You have a choice between gear drive and roller chain upgrade (makes it '07+ compatible). When you do this, you will have some options on the cams you want to go with too.

The spring loaded chain tensioners are a nightmare when they disintegrate! Scatter bits of plastic throughout the nose cone and around the engine if not caught quickly. If you haven't done so, you might want to take a peek at the condition of yours. Remember there is one behind the plate, too. A small cheap plastic dental mirror will help get your eyeball in there.

TQ

Hey, look a fix that's an 'enhancement'. I'm just showing this new part from MoCo, not endorsing it.

Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories | New Products

Yep. That is the roller chain up-grade option. Probably what I am gonna do. No worry about getting the right size over/under size gears, pinion shaft runout worries, etc. like with the gear drive option. But I will probably go with an after market version rather than HD's. I will be changing the cams for a bit more torque.

TQ

I have an "03" Electraglide. The best mod I've made is painting the inner fairing to match the color of the bike. Next to improve performance, changed to a true dual system by V & H (bigshots), DynoJet PC III with screamin eagle stage one. Also, didn't like the rims so I went with the 80 spoke H-D with SS rotors. Lastly, chromed almost everything. I love the 100th Anniversary bikes and mine will stay in the family forever. Most of the parts were purchased from ebay at a discount. Wish you luck! :USA

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 38
Thanks TQ. Man, I wasn't aware of the chain tensioner time bomb. I will definitely look into THAT! Don't want those scattered plastic parts all over the place doing damage.
BTW, I spotted your ride while looking at this forum for the first time a while ago. Nice bike! I liked the picture of you and your lady with the ocean in the background! Sweet!
Biglew. thanks for the link. I looked at the replacement. Wow! It ain't gonna be a cheap fix, huh? I'll be saving my $$ for that.

Nice, nice , NICE, RichardS! You did yourself proud! Those pictures really inspire and make me think of all the possibilities.
You've got a real head turner there!
Ride Safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for any input!
Honestly I think the 100th bikes where so over produced that they will never attain that collectible status.I see these bikes everywhere I go.Dont get me wrong, if I had the money in 03 I would have bought one.But listening to many who did over the years has lead me to conclude most who did where left feeling somewhat betrayed by Harley.

Back