free website stats program Custom Wheel | Harley Davidson Forums

Custom Wheel

beaker

Hey guys I need some help!! I am installing a 21" Renegade wheel on my 2009 Streetglide and was wondering what kind of problems I might have leaving my factory 16" on the rear??? Can anyone help?? Thanks

beaker you might want to talk to fat baggers, they do alot with the 21'' fronts on touring bikes, they have told me in the past that they recommend lowering the front forks and maybe a 18'' rear, to keep trail & rake stock like, me I like the looks of the higher front end and in the past, first thing I would do when I bought a bike was to stick 8'' over tubes in the forks. You might also want to ask them about contact of the lower triple tree with the top of the front fender. Sounds cool, post some pic's when you get it up.

Fat Baggers, Inc.

Hey guys I need some help!! I am installing a 21" Renegade wheel on my 2009 Streetglide and was wondering what kind of problems I might have leaving my factory 16" on the rear??? Can anyone help?? Thanks

Beaker, I have a 21" Renegade on my 09 SG and I left the stock wheel on the rear. I've had it on for about 8 months and I have not had any problems at all. It does raise the front end about an inch but it still looks good,:D The steering seems a little lighter and more responsive. I am going to use the Progressive drop in springs to lower the front as I like the lowered look. Idi not have to make in mods for the wheel to fit. Easy installation.

here's a picture

glyd-n thanks, that is a good looken scoot, I really like the way it sits with the 21'' on front.

Hey glyd-n did you have to modify the rear front fender hole or not? Fat-Bagger tell me that i will have to do so! If you did how far did you enlongate the hole???

Hey glyd-n did you have to modify the rear front fender hole or not? Fat-Bagger tell me that i will have to do so! If you did how far did you enlongate the hole???

I did not have to make any mods at all. Really simple install, no problems.

Back