free website stats program Custom Painting my Xmas gift! 06 XL 1200C | Harley Davidson Forums

Custom Painting my Xmas gift! 06 XL 1200C

Maustarman

Hello there..
As posted before I got a 06 XL-1200C around Xmas in a good deal! Even though it was custom painted its not my style so, I've decided to get to it and change its look.
I'm doing the paint job myself so, I thought I would start a tread with pics of the process.

Here is what the bike look like when I got it
hu9uqe3a.jpg

I trade the tank with one of the forum members cuz I didn't want want to sand down a nice paint job...here is the tank I got
hesaqupa.jpg

Here is what it looked this morning after 15 mins.
syga5e4u.jpg

It took me about 2 hours to get the the fenders and tank ready for Primer
3e4yry3e.jpg

zu4yza7u.jpg

That is a very good start i do know it can be a pest getting the old paint off as i have spent many hours in the shed with a sanding block in my hands

Brian

That is a very good start i do know it can be a pest getting the old paint off as i have spent many hours in the shed with a sanding block in my hands

Brian

Thanks Brian
Man... Yes, the sanding part is the one that isn't fun.

Ok... Things are coming along so far..I did the designs for the tank and fenders...
Need to do the airbrushing for the shadows & effects next ...ohhh and the side covers too.
These pics don't show much .......just the process .
be5yhadu.jpg
ry6y3aty.jpg

Ready for clear !
I wanted to go with something sort of conservative this time around... Plus I had some friends telling me there were to many flames designs out there
So here
ubu6u5a3.jpg

Ready for clear !
I wanted to go with something sort of conservative this time around... Plus I had some friends telling me there were to many flames designs out there
So here
ubu6u5a3.jpg

Nice job, should look good rollin down the road:s

Back