free website stats program custom mapp program storage | Harley Davidson Forums

custom mapp program storage

ironmark

I have a custom FI mapp & I have 1 HD dealers service center tell me that I need a CD or Flash drive recording of the custom mapp to work on the bike the dealer that installed the costom mapp said that the program is recorded in the HD race tuner . Which information is the correct info ?

From what you are telling me is the HD race tuner does NOT have my custom MAPP in memory so if my computer burns up I will lose the custom mapp ? I did go back to the dealer that did the custom mapp & have them burn me a copy on a CD. I did not know about this untill a HD dealer told me about it . When I had the dyno done with the custom mapp I asked the service manager about the program memory & they told me all the memory was stored in the race tuner .

Also keep in mind that they no longer supply CD and pc cable with the sert (purchase separately)and they marry it to your vin# .It can no longer be unlocked to go to another bike:(

... i have just started playing with my super tuner software, the black box is a dongle and recording device...

Hobbit; where did you get your dongle-to-ECM cable? My dyno shop didn't save my map. As I understand it, my map is only resident on my bike's ECM. I clicked your links but didn't see a place to get the cable. I already have a USB cable to hook it to my computer. Just need a cable to get the map off the bike. Thanks in advance.

You can make the serial cable that is need to connect the SERT to the DATA Link on the bike. All you need is a 4 pin Deutch connector and a serial cable with the 9 pin connector. The pin out is:
pin 1 on data link to pin 5 on serial cable,
pin 2 on data link to pin 1 on serial cable,
pin 3 on data link to pin 7 on serial cable,
pin 4 on data link to pin 9 on serial cable.

Back