custom made RJS Originals Heat Heflectors

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by zoood, May 29, 2011.

1. zoood

zoood Junior Member Product Contributor

I had been requested to make custom heat deflectors to match this individuals softail. I will be offering this to others. But this will have to be as a winter project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

zoood

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Another fine product, you sure have TALENT:s

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

A man of many talents. Nice work! :D

4. zoood

Thank you all for that. The rubber "U" channel. I can only get that in black. When I airbrushed. I used createx water base acrylic paints. Since the paint drys as a flexible plastic finish. I was able to match the color swatch he provided and when I shaped the deflectors. The paint didnt crack! Worked out perfect! I had to hand paint the rubber. Had to flow it on so there would be no brush strokes. Turned out pretty darn good too.

zoood

5. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Zoood get ready for an increase in business. This is one of the best jobs I have seen and the color match is incredible. If this gets out to the public you may have to start hiring. Don

6. zoood

I only hand-painted the edging ( rubber "U" Channel ) to the color of the piping he has as trim on the rest. He had the seat covered in that brown vinyl. He also enough to send me so I could cover the deflectors with that.

But it does look sweet!

zoood