free website stats program Custom Hand grips | Harley Davidson Forums

Custom Hand grips

roadking

G'day all,

I am thinking about a nice set of custom grips for the King & want to know how easy it is to remove the standard grips & install the customs.

Any advice?

RK:33:

G'day mate

Ihave bought myself a nice set of kuriakyn iso grips with throttle boss, as well as some other goodies. I'll forward you a pm with details. I bought the lot from eastern performance online. If you combine a whole heap of stuff shipping will be less than buying individual pieces.

The high Aus$ is a bonus now, also.

Snake

The left hand (clutch side) is pretty easy, the hard side is the throttle.
There are 2 "notches" where the throttle/idle cable insert into the track and can be quite a pain. It took me about 30 minutes to change mine because of this. Just make sure everything is tightened back up again real good before taking off.
Also supposedly there is a little plastic item in the area that if you break it will cause your break light to stay on all the time until repaired. I was luck and did not break mine but know other people who have.

The left hand (clutch side) is pretty easy, the hard side is the throttle.
There are 2 "notches" where the throttle/idle cable insert into the track and can be quite a pain. It took me about 30 minutes to change mine because of this. Just make sure everything is tightened back up again real good before taking off.
Also supposedly there is a little plastic item in the area that if you break it will cause your break light to stay on all the time until repaired. I was luck and did not break mine but know other people who have.

Dodomrkc,
Thanks for your input,
Seems like it could be one of those tricky little time wasting jobs. I was speaking to a friend today who said much like you have, that it can be a pain.

RK

Also watch out on the throttle side the cable ends go into a brass enlarger to fit into the grip these little bass things fall off and get lost real easy. Go slow watch how it comes apart and pay close attention to the way it goes back together 1 hour tops and needle nose pliers help getting the cable ends back in.

Back