free website stats program custom brake lines | Harley Davidson Forums

custom brake lines

PA 58

i have a 05 night train ,that i am looking to move the forward controls 4" further forward & 1" out & 1" down. already have the brackets ,& longer shift rod . now i have been looking for a new brake line that is the same as stock , but 4"longer on the hard line section. does anybody have any thoughts?

IT WORKED! Welcome to the forum. I don't know the answer to your question but I am familiar with the project you are working on. I am sure someone will be along with an answer.

Bodeen

When i did a extended forward control hit on my 92 softail an extended brake line came in the kit
however i thought the whole thing might have been better to leave the master cylinder where it was and use some sort of longer rod from the pedal to the master cylinder
But that may not work with the controls going out and down as well

Brian

i have a 05 night train ,that i am looking to move the forward controls 4" further forward & 1" out & 1" down. already have the brackets ,& longer shift rod . now i have been looking for a new brake line that is the same as stock , but 4"longer on the hard line section. does anybody have any thoughts?

Check J P catalog [URL="http://exit.hdtimeline.com/postid336674+"]Motorcycle Parts P Cycles
[/URL] Dennis Kirk Motorcycle, Harley-Davidson, ATV, Dirt Bike, Snowmobile, PWC / Watercraft Parts, Apparel, and Accessories have these kits

I've seen his new forward controls brackets. He has custom made his own (they are very nice) and is looking for a way to SAFELY extend or redo the brake line.

Bodeen

Drag Specialties, Barnett (same maker of clutches) are a couple others who have longer sheathed/braided brake/clutch lines.:D

The above are great and reputable. I also like Magnum Shielding. If you check out their custom side you can see that they will make the lines any length you want with the connectors anywhere you want them. And they are great quality and look sharp! You can get several different braided styles or just stock black. Have fun!

I had an issue when I put the forwards on the Lowrider. Routing of the line was the problem to be solved. The FXRs with the mid-controls are not as simple as moving things forward and adding the length to the line. I bought the fittings first, installed them and took a piece of tubing and looked at how to route the line and went from there. After I found something suitable, took a measurement of the tubing and ordered the brake line. Oh.....if the measurement falls on a fraction......go up to the next available length.

Back