Current Natchez Trace foliage

Discussion in 'South East' started by flipper, Oct 12, 2011.

1. flipper

flipper Account Removed

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the foliage is doing along the Tenn. section of the Trace. We have a trip planned the end of this month in that area and I'm afraid we're going to miss the peak. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

3. 70_West

70_West Member

I live about 15 minutes from the "Nashville" end of the Parkway... Leaves are just starting to turn...

4. flipper

flipper Account Removed

So if we are up there 2 weeks from today, would you think that peak is past???

DBMG, that is a great site. Tons of great information! Thank you!

5. 70_West

70_West Member

Flipper, I'd think that would be right in the middle of it... I'm riding down to Muscle Shoals, Ala. in the morning on the Trace. Supposed to be some decent weather this weekend.

6. lorne

lorne Senior Member

looking forward to your pics flipper

7. flipper

flipper Account Removed

I hope you'll give us an update when you get back. Gorgeous day today! Too bad I'm on call:(

I will be sure to share them Lorne!

Maybe we can pause and say hi somewhere if the HDT angels allow:s

8. greybeard278

greybeard278 New Member

We rode the trace last weekend from Alabama to Nashville the folage was just starting to turn.Great run!

9. 70_West

70_West Member

Just got back... Rode from Leipers Fork to Florence Ala. Weather and scenery was picture perfect, just couldn't get much better. The group I was with continued on down to Mississippi as I have several Honey-dos to take care of tomorrow.

Just judging from where the leaves are at now (just turning) I'd say next weekend will be near peak colors. I know that the East Tn. foliage peaked this weekend and the lower elevation of Mid Tn should follow about a week to a week and a half behind.

I'm fortunate to live as close to the Trace as I do, it's a beautiful ride anytime of the year. Personally I'd as soon ride it as to do the Cherohala Skyway over in Telico. Lots of long sweeping turns, very light traffic, ample rest areas, and great uninterrupted scenery.

10. flipper

flipper Account Removed

Thank y'all for the updates. Now I guess we will just wait and see. We plan to head out a week from Thursday. I'm afraid the leaves will be gone by that weekend with this cold weather moving in. Heck, we were too early for the foliage last year in the Ozarks. Now we may be too late for the Tenn. foliage. Oh well. We will be on the bikes and that's all that counts.