free website stats program Current and previous bikes? Which one is your favorite. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Current and previous bikes? Which one is your favorite.

My last (and first) bike was an 03 Road King Screaming Eagle. God, I loved that bike! I totaled it last spring and decided to upgrade to a new Ultra. Whenever my wife and I go on a road trip I appreciate having the Ultra but ridding around town I REALLY miss my Road King!

Started with a Honda 90 in 1968, then a Hodaka Super Rat in 73. From there it was a Yamaha 175, Yamaha 250, and then a Husquarna 400. After that I started going to street, a Yamaha 650 followed by a Kawasaki 1000 CSR. By far my favorite bike is my current 04 Ultra Classic with a big bore kit.

1st bike 1970's ish 50cc Suzuki at 12 years old, last bike Night Rod Special bikes in between to numerous to mention but my '09 Road King Classic beats the lot hands down.

My first bike was a honda 90. Then a Honda CL125, 305 Super Hawk, a couple of 350s, a Triumph 650, Yamaha XS 650, Yamaha XS 850, Yamaha XVS 1100, 2000 Road King and my favorite is my 08 Road Glide.

I have owned three. First was a Yamaha 74 360 enduro, lots of torque, if you were good enough it would climb a telephone pole.
33 years later, number two a 1200 custom SE, loved it, but not the bike for two up riding.
Number three and present 2008 FXSTC, it's my favorite. Most riding is with the little lady and her favorite too. YABADABADOO!

(EDIT), every bike becomes part of you, doesn't it? First bike was a Zundap 50cc which had the top tied on with 8 gauge wire, still went like the clappers, followed by various Honda off roads ( XL175, 250..XR500 ). This led to my first 'road' bike, Honda K500 Sport, great bike even if it did a li'l too much of the ol' tank slap stuff! various ither Honda's led to my first 'great' ride, a Yamaha J650 with shaft drive - wow, handled like a dream and wonderful riding position. Rode her for a long time and traded in for my first twin - A Honda XL 500, twin across the frame, shaft drive, sounded like a Harley with a custom pipe on! Then a 6 year Hiatus ( divirced, transferred, career change ) and now , finally the best bike I've ever, ever ridden - my first Harley - 1200XL Custom Sportster - not a true ' superbike' and a bit small for a true tourer, but riding pleasure.. - 100% purebred! Next - mebbe a 'Glide Fat Boy! Wazzat, something else?

Keep her pointed down the road, don't look back!

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
1st - Honda CM400T - My mom bought it for my 16th birthday
2nd - Yamaha 550 - traded the honda and some cah
3rd - Honda intrceptor 500 - first crotch rocket
4th - Suzuki GSXR750 - Went the dealer to have the Honda fixed and found this speed demon
5th - 1974 HD Rigid - I built from the ground up..Best feeling in the world when I finallly kicked it over.Kick start only.
6th - 1978 FLH
7th - 1995 U build chopper - fun in the city only
8th - 1998 FXDWG - This was a beautiful machine with a ton of chrome and the best paint job i've had.
9th - 2009 FLHCU - so far I haven't had alot of time to ride due to recent foot surgery.

All in all the FXDWG has been my favorite ride to date, but all of my bikes represent a different era in my life and represent a special time for each ride.

Got two bikes now 1995 R1100Rs and a 03 springer heritage... Love the speed and handling of the Bimmer.. layed back cruise of the heritage springer.. guess it depends on mood of the day.

Favorites... Whatever I'm riding that day is my favorite. I've owned many many bikes and tend to keep my favorites.

My shovelhead is the first favorite I kept. It's a special ride. Those that have never owned one just don't quite get what's so special about 'em.

My 2 evo are different animals. They both have qualities that make them joy to ride.

My street sport bikes are precision instruments. And they carve it up nicely and take only a light touch to respond to rider inputs.

My track day bike is more thought controlled than anything else I ride. All you have to do is think about turning and the bike does it.

Line 'em up side by side and I'd have to say my 77 FXE is my heart felt favorite. It's old school. It requires more touch to maintain than the newer bikes. It has the spirit of the bikes that came before it. It's legacy. It's tradition and time honored.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Shovelheads are the only Harleys with a soul.

I'm on my 4th harley, 09 SG and it is by far my favorite for cruising, I have put 11,000 miles on it since April. I am still quite attached to my 01 Fatboy, it is totally chromed out and is a blast around town, it feels small and nimble compared to the SG.
Glen

Back