free website stats program Current and previous bikes? Which one is your favorite. | Harley Davidson Forums

Current and previous bikes? Which one is your favorite.

doj1975

I have owned three bikes. My first was an 04 800 Kawasaki Vulcan. Next came the 07 Heritage. Man I did love that bike. My favorite, however, is my current ride, an 09 Street Glide. I do miss my Heritage at times though.

1st 2002 xl custom with a wideglide front end
2nd 2007 FLHX this is my tour bike and changed how I think and feel about motorcycling

My first ride was back in the 60's growing up in North Jersey. It was a '62 BSA "Shooting Star". I believe it was 500cc's. After the service my bride and I moved to South Jersey where we still reside. About 15 years ago, I got back into motorcycling with a Kawasaki Vulcan. Great bike, typically Japanese, rode it for about 10 years until I got my '99 Ultra. No doubt about it, the Ultra is my favorite.

I have loved all my bikes My XS1100 Yamaha I tricked up with a 1179 kit and a bunch of other engine work, my Gl1100 Goldwing I had 150,000 miles on, my S3t Buell Thunderbolt I still have and my FLHT is great. Can't really say I have a favorite.

No contest - my SG is my favorite. Beats out everything from the Benelli minibike to the Suzuki GS550 to the Honda Sabre and even my Sportster!

I've had numerous bikes over the years, and there are a few that I wish I had never gotten rid of. However, I wouldn't compare any of them to my Ultra. She's a keeper!

My favorite is my current bike - 08 Heritage.

But my last 3 bikes (92 Yamaha Seca 650, 95 Virago 1100, 05 Sportster 1200) all had/have some great points and I would own them all again.

In fact, I'm probably going to buy another Virago and Seca for my future collection. I'm getting older, but everytime I ride the Sporty, I want a sport bike again.

First one was in 1972 and was the Italian imported for Harley 90 cc. Whopping 111 miles per gallon at about 48 mph top speed.
Next was a 1974 350cc Sprint
Then a 1975 1000cc Sportie ( fast as heck but couldn't see out of the mirrors.)
Then a 1976 1200cc FXE Superglide ( got trashed by "I didn't see you." cager )
Followed by a 1977 1200 cc Superglide..kept it until 1985

Now a 2008 FXSTC Softail Custom. Without a doubt, both in ride and functions, this bike is far superior to all the others.

I would still like to ride a FXE again just for old times sake.

I have ridden since I was 7yrs.old (rupp roadster mini-bike) with the exception of an eight year hiatis from riding that makes for a lot of years and a lot of bikes,all my favourite at the time.:D

I have owned many bikes thru-out the years My 1st a basket case Bultaco then went to a Norton Matchlles, 650 Bonnie, 1st new bike a 71 Norton Commando, traded in for a 73 V7 Moto Guzzi Sport Went to College on a 76 850 T Guzzi Then got my 1st Harley AMF Electra Glide. 90 Heritage
Got married stopped ridding Went back to a 96 Heritahge 2003 Road King
07 Electra Glide Now the Ultra

I loved my 71 Commando, and my 73 V7 Sport But my all time favorite was my 03 Road king I miss the bike till this day. IHowever the sweetest ride is my current bike the 09 Ultra

Rde Safe
BffaloBILL

Back