Current and previous bikes? Which one is your favorite.

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by doj1975, May 7, 2009.

1. doj1975

doj1975 Active Member

I have owned three bikes. My first was an 04 800 Kawasaki Vulcan. Next came the 07 Heritage. Man I did love that bike. My favorite, however, is my current ride, an 09 Street Glide. I do miss my Heritage at times though.
  2. 175mws

175mws Active Member

1st 2002 xl custom with a wideglide front end
    2nd 2007 FLHX this is my tour bike and changed how I think and feel about motorcycling
  3. The4opps1

The4opps1 Junior Member

My first ride was back in the 60's growing up in North Jersey. It was a '62 BSA "Shooting Star". I believe it was 500cc's. After the service my bride and I moved to South Jersey where we still reside. About 15 years ago, I got back into motorcycling with a Kawasaki Vulcan. Great bike, typically Japanese, rode it for about 10 years until I got my '99 Ultra. No doubt about it, the Ultra is my favorite.
  4. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I have loved all my bikes My XS1100 Yamaha I tricked up with a 1179 kit and a bunch of other engine work, my Gl1100 Goldwing I had 150,000 miles on, my S3t Buell Thunderbolt I still have and my FLHT is great. Can't really say I have a favorite.
  5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

No contest - my SG is my favorite. Beats out everything from the Benelli minibike to the Suzuki GS550 to the Honda Sabre and even my Sportster!
  6. Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog Active Member

I've had numerous bikes over the years, and there are a few that I wish I had never gotten rid of. However, I wouldn't compare any of them to my Ultra. She's a keeper!
  7. Skratch

Skratch Active Member

My favorite is my current bike - 08 Heritage.

But my last 3 bikes (92 Yamaha Seca 650, 95 Virago 1100, 05 Sportster 1200) all had/have some great points and I would own them all again.

In fact, I'm probably going to buy another Virago and Seca for my future collection. I'm getting older, but everytime I ride the Sporty, I want a sport bike again.
  8. robermv32

robermv32 Active Member

First one was in 1972 and was the Italian imported for Harley 90 cc. Whopping 111 miles per gallon at about 48 mph top speed.
    Next was a 1974 350cc Sprint
    Then a 1975 1000cc Sportie ( fast as heck but couldn't see out of the mirrors.)
    Then a 1976 1200cc FXE Superglide ( got trashed by "I didn't see you." cager )
    Followed by a 1977 1200 cc Superglide..kept it until 1985

Now a 2008 FXSTC Softail Custom. Without a doubt, both in ride and functions, this bike is far superior to all the others.

I would still like to ride a FXE again just for old times sake.
  9. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I have ridden since I was 7yrs.old (rupp roadster mini-bike) with the exception of an eight year hiatis from riding that makes for a lot of years and a lot of bikes,all my favourite at the time.:D
  10. BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill Active Member

I have owned many bikes thru-out the years My 1st a basket case Bultaco then went to a Norton Matchlles, 650 Bonnie, 1st new bike a 71 Norton Commando, traded in for a 73 V7 Moto Guzzi Sport Went to College on a 76 850 T Guzzi Then got my 1st Harley AMF Electra Glide. 90 Heritage
    Got married stopped ridding Went back to a 96 Heritahge 2003 Road King
    07 Electra Glide Now the Ultra

I loved my 71 Commando, and my 73 V7 Sport But my all time favorite was my 03 Road king I miss the bike till this day. IHowever the sweetest ride is my current bike the 09 Ultra

Rde Safe