free website stats program Curious About Oil Temp Gauges | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Curious About Oil Temp Gauges

i put the digital oil temp/level dipstick in my SG this spring and 4800 miles so far and not a problem. the oil level at a push of the button is nice. over the winter im going to put a oil temp gauge in the fairing to replace the worthless air temp gauge. why the MOCO puts a worthless gauge in the fairing is beyond me with the $$$$ we pay for a touring bike.

How much is the digital oil temp/level dipstick?

Analog-style Oil Dipstick With Temperature Gauge $29.95 62970-02
LCD Oil Temperature Dipstick $89.95 62955-06
Oil Level and Temperature Dipstick with LCD readout $134.95 66373-06
CR2032 Replacement Lithium Battery $1.95

Thanks for all of your thoughts, between what I was thinking and what all of you have said I am installing a gauge for the dash. The real ice breaker was when I stopped at the bike shop yesterday to pick up the fluids to perform service on my bike and the lovely Mrs. Slapp said and I quote “why don’t you pick up that oil gauge thingy you want…my treat”. So now it is just a matter of installing my new Oil Temp Gauge (thingy) this Saturday when I perform the oil change.
Thanks for all the input and be safe.

Good choice (dash gage) - your wife has great taste...:D

One note - hook little wires up to back of gage before mounting in fairing...can't recall if instructions state this, but I had a hard time getting them connected to back of gage & saw another post where someone suggested this change & it seems like a better option...especially for anyone w/big hands. Now...if you're like the "tiny hands" BK guy - go for it...:s

Have the digital gauge and it lasted less than a year, still on the bike but now just serves as 'bling". I installed a Memphis Shades detachable batwing which has no ability for inset gauges. I do run the Dakota Digital speedo and mini tach which are awesome products. The RPM gauge is mounted on left side of my handlebar would be nice if they made a mini oil temp gauge that I could mount on the right side.

Back