free website stats program cruise help please! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

cruise help please!

O.K. sounds good. May be the cheapest, easiest thing to try at this point. Am I to understand that this is what happened to you?

O.K. sounds good. May be the cheapest, easiest thing to try at this point. Am I to understand that this is what happened to you?

This is the only info I stumbled upon while searching for any correction of code PO577. Harley shop manual has very detailed instructions about disassembly of switch and installation of new switch. Highly advise getting a manual if you do not have one...

Serv manual I have,any more elect issues and I might consider an elect troubleshooting manual of some kind. Usually pretty good at chasing these kinds of things down.

Update-- new set/resume switch corrected the problem. Funny though,checked continuity of old switch compared to new-no difference. Tried banging,wiggling wires,everything,still the same. Nevertheless it is working. Thanks for the suggestion dbmg.

Glad to hear you got it worked out and thanks for the update. Always like to hear what the fix was :cheers

Your welcome... Glad it was not to difficult to correct...:cheers

By the way,switch I was given at stealer had long wires on it-not short pigtails as was shown in serv man. This helped immensely on install as I made splices in harness a ways away from switch housing(not all crammed inside as stated in serv man). Just make sure they are sound,watertight connections. PN 71788-08 Maybe for 08 not 09? Hope this helps if anyone else has this prob.

Back