free website stats program cruise control | Harley Davidson Forums

cruise control

nfusion

i have a 2003 road king fire fighters adition it came wired for cruise contol but does not have that option on the bike what parts would i have to buy in order to get the cruise contol up and running

"Came wired" does not tell us much. Cruise control components include;
right handlebar controls, fairing cap on/off rocker switch, cruise control unit, cables, fuse, etc., etc.

upon looking at the specs for this bike being a firefighters addition it says in the specs that the bike is wired for cruise control thats all i no any info would helpfull as i have a chance to buy one on ebay

If you don't have any of the components as Breeze3 mentioned then all you have is pre wired to the bars. Your going to have to by and install all the hardeware.

Pre-wired only means that the wiring is in place to the duetch connector to power up a cruise control kit and to turn the speedo light on.Check with an HD dealer on the kit number for the bike.I believe it is an obsolete part but if you get the part# from your dealer you can look fo the kit on ebay

Kinda like I have buttons for a CB but don't have one!

Funny thing when my volume button stop working, they also replaced the cb button cause they say it fell apart??

thanks for the info as i have a chance to buy one on ebay and yes it is obsolete at harley

Might help if you could give us a link to the Ebay listing so we can see the specific item you're talking about.

Back