free website stats program cruise control won't initialize | Harley Davidson Forums

cruise control won't initialize

Had the cruise go out awhile back, found the stepper cable hanging up. Replaced it along with throttle and idle cables. Went through the cable adjustment procedure then tried to initialize the cruise. The set/resume switch and indicator light perform as described but the module doesn't seem to initialize. I have two error codes 122 (brake switch activated), they're not as confirmed with a continuity test and 242 (overspeed) again, not overspeeding. Do the codes need to be cleared in order to initialize, if so what is that procedure? I've been through the help section and have tried anything that I could find, so far no luck. I will check fuse tonight but I would assume that the indicator light would be on the same circuit, but there I go thinking again. Beyond that, anybody have another thought?

Thanks Glider, have been through all of the procedures listed in the links that you had sent but no luck. Is there a test for the module itself? Everything else seems to be functioning correctly. Set/resume switch, indicator light, cruise on/off, rolloff switch in the idle cable, brakelite switches...all good and functioning.

Back