free website stats program Cruise control source for older Harleys | Harley Davidson Forums

Cruise control source for older Harleys

Pretty cool Jack. I've always wanted cruise on my Heritage but every time I look at the price, I change my mind.

Pretty cool Jack. I've always wanted cruise on my Heritage but every time I look at the price, I change my mind.
Not to mention the sheer work & mods necessary to install it! Read about it...I'm a lifelong mechanic with a 95 FLSTC, but no way could I justify the cost, time, and labor to make it happen!

Kuryakyn has what they call a "throttle boss" I have the oversized one on my softail, it attaches to the end of the grip and is a poor man's cruise control. It does relieve some of the fatigue on long rides.

Yeah, I've used one before and it really helped. The only problem I had was when I went to pull into a gas station and it was in the way.

Oh my, I hope you didn't hit anything
No I did not hit anything but after that I learned to twist it out of the way before coming into town......it was one of those slip on ones.
Still though they are a good thing to have on the highway.

What I didn't like about the regular size throttle boss is that the chrome coating wore off after about one or two seasons. The oversized one is holding up much better, been on for ~4 years now.

Back