free website stats program Cruise control problems. | Harley Davidson Forums

Cruise control problems.

The electronic cruise control on my 2007 ultra classic won't maintain speed when the set button is pushed. The amber indicator on the tach face turns from amber to green and stays green, but the speed isn't maintained. Anyone have any suggestions or solutions. Thanks.

Thanks glider. My bike still uses cables for the throttle, and I understand there is a stepper cable. Any advise on checking that too. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Yes it has cables but what is it you are looking to do? Is it adjust the switch in the cable? This is the procedure for that too.

I'm not trying to speak for Glider here but. I think what he's telling you to to do is the cable lash initialization? That is explained in the shop manual? Once I had put my new SE 44mm carb on the cruise took along time to lock on and then was not at right speed? I did the cable initilization as stated in manual and it works perfect now. Hope that helps. Sorry for jumping in Glider.:)

Performed the cruise control initialization several times and all seems well ( motor revs and such ) Had the bike out a little while ago and the cruise worked twice in a row and then the same problem. Also noticed the "resume" switch turns the indicator from green to red immediately. Also, sometimes the "set" control takes a few seconds longer than usual to change indicator to green. Don't recall that happening before. Possible loose connection somewhere?? Is the module a plug-in and is it located in the fairing?

Performed the cruise control initialization several times and all seems well ( motor revs and such ) Had the bike out a little while ago and the cruise worked twice in a row and then the same problem. Also noticed the "resume" switch turns the indicator from green to red immediately. Also, sometimes the "set" control takes a few seconds longer than usual to change indicator to green. Don't recall that happening before. Possible loose connection somewhere?? Is the module a plug-in and is it located in the fairing?

The module should be located on the left side under the side cover? Attached to outside of battery box. It has a servo cable that then runs under the frame below tank and turns to the throttle body. THere the cable has a plastic piece that grabs a knob (at least on carb ) and that is how it pulls the throttle. Check that the cable plugged into cruise unit is firmly seated. There is just the one connector I believe?

You may have too much slack in the throttle cable. If you adjust that and perform the initialization again, it may help you.

Back