free website stats program cruise control indicator light stays on | Harley Davidson Forums

cruise control indicator light stays on

kappleby

I have an 09 fxstc which doesnt have cruise control but the indicator light in the speedometer assembly remains lit at all times.the only way I can get the light to turn off is to disconnect the battery ground.any tips or pointers greatly appreciated.

thanks
keith

You may have to visit the dealer and have them check it out. There's a feature in the ECM that they can turn off and on but it requires the digital tech computer they have.

cruise control light? thats the little speedo looking light with an arrow goin round it?? i didnt even think they were on the softail speedo face.. thats an odd one

cruise control light? thats the little speedo looking light with an arrow goin round it?? i didnt even think they were on the softail speedo face.. thats an odd one

Do you think HD put the wrong speedo in the bike during assembly? I'm sure glider's correct & the icon's illuminated/needs re-programming.

there is no section in digi tech to turn cruise on/off on a softail, the list of items in digi tech varies depending on the model, i would take it to your dealership cos somthing aint right.

yeah it sure is an odd one,the bike doesn't have cruise control.all its got is a throttle lock,there is one thing i should add here is that i have changed the handlebars from stock to the wild one chubby's and I had to wire it all in but that was very straight forward.it is still puzzling why this light would just come on and stay on,this happened about three months after the new bars were installed.

Back