free website stats program Cruise control indicator light blinking | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cruise control indicator light blinking

Thanks guys for the info. I have been out of town for a few days but as soon as I get back I will try the switch thing. It makes sense to me. If I find the switch to be the problem I guess I will have to replace it. Thanks again. I will let you know how I come out as soon as I get time to work on it.

If the On-Off switch had a problem, wouldn't the light be flashing on and off, probably orange flashes, rather than switching colors randomly? His description sounds like the system is on and randomly "bouncing" between engaged and disengaged. Is this machine old enough to have throttle cables and that trouble prone roll off switch?

If the On-Off switch had a problem, wouldn't the light be flashing on and off, probably orange flashes, rather than switching colors randomly? His description sounds like the system is on and randomly "bouncing" between engaged and disengaged. Is this machine old enough to have throttle cables and that trouble prone roll off switch?

The OP says his cruise control is working fine.
I believe these are courtesy lights and if not working have no effect on cruise on/off.

Back