free website stats program Cruise Control....Have a Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Cruise Control....Have a Question

I have a question with the cruise control on my 96 uc/eg.can it be used to bump the idle up when warming the bike up in morning?

I don't know about the earlier models but I don't think mine will lock in unless the bike is in gear. When I get down to the shop I'll give it a try.

I have a question with the cruise control on my 96 uc/eg.can it be used to bump the idle up when warming the bike up in morning?

Your '96 has a carb right? If so you have a choke/primer pull knob and this will have the engine idleing high if it is working correctly.

Your '96 has a carb right? If so you have a choke/primer pull knob and this will have the engine idleing high if it is working correctly.

But not for too long so you foul a plug:s

Your bike has a small 5 point plastic knob on the bottom of the throttle housing. It is a friction adjustment, and can be tightened to hold the throttle in any position. NOT recommended to use as cruise control replacement.

After starting you should only warm up a minute or two anyways. Not sure why longer warm up needed.

Back