free website stats program Cruise Control for XL883L Superlow | Harley Davidson Forums

Cruise Control for XL883L Superlow

You do understand that this device will not control the speed. It is intended to lock the throttle in one place and will not increase or decrease engine speed. It will give some rest to the riders hand and wrist. There are also grips with a palm rest built in so that the rider does not have to grip so tight.

HDDon,

Yes, I do understand that clearly! Thanks for double check with me! My wife wants to ride her bike next summer and it will be 2500 miles trip. I don't think the palm rest will be good...

Thanks again!

No problem, and if you have a wife that is ready to take off on a 2500mi trip I would say she is a keeper.

My superlow has a knob under the trottle handle, that when you tighten it it will lock the trottle (just don't tighten it down far enough that you can't twist it back to idle if needed) should do same thing has the JP cycles one.

Yes, your corrected. My wife dislike that and think it is not safe. JP cycles cruise control is more safer. You can release them quicker than what we have on bikes.

I'm not sure it is safe to consider as cruise controls, devices that hold the throttle in a set position. It is very important that throttles snap back to closed if released. I suppose if there are interlocks, causing the device to release the throttle if you hit the brakes, it might be safer, as a true cruise control does. In the case of this device, there is no release if you hit the rear brake. There are times when you have to get to stopping, and can't get to the hand control in time.

Those type devices were originally designed so you could set specific rpm values while tuning, etc. Some use them for cruise control. I don't think I would.

Just considerations for the machine that your beloved is riding and trusting.

Good luck,
Rich P

I installed one of those for. 1200 miles trip I did and in all honesty didn't like it...
Unless you are going to be in a very straight & open road with no traffic the thing isn't worth it. JMHO

I bought this exact one and LOVE it .... we go for long rides and fatigue in the hand and wrist sucks ... so i bought this installed it and use it very often !!

Back