free website stats program Cruise Control for Softails | Harley Davidson Forums

Cruise Control for Softails

Slapp

Purchased the wife a new 2011 Heritage a couple months back and was wondering if cruise control can be added? I had stopped at one of the local stealers (not the one I normally deal with) to ask and the Kid (who I have socks older than him) had know idea if this could be done and recomended I talk with the mechanics. I didn't have time to deal with it at that moment so I will post it here. Can factory cruise be added to a Heritage Softail?
Thanks in advance.

Should of bought a touring model. I know for a fact that HD does not make cruise control compatable with softail models. I havnt heard of anything aftermarket cruise control for softails either. Sorry

Thanks Brute, I have a touring model as well the Hertitage was for the wife. But I will keep looking.

Thanks Brute, I have a touring model as well the Hertitage was for the wife. But I will keep looking.

Have you considered a throttle boss, not exactly a cruise control but can provide relief for the long haul. From Kuraykyn BTW.

I found the Cramp Buster works great for me and I can maintain a more constant speed. Only 15 bucks.

Thanks Gator, We installed a set of kuryakyn grips with the new throttle boss, it is a little wider than the old style and really works well, as well as looking good. We are planning a trip this summer to Niagra Falls, Canadian side this summer, leaving from Jacksonville, Fl. The route I plan on taking will be through the Appalachian Mts then some major highways and I really want her (the misses) to be as comfortable as can be as this will be our first really long trip on seperate rides and I do not want it to be the last. Don't get me wrong I love when she is on the back of my bike with me...but the seperate bikes opens a lot more opportunities for a real adventure as more equipment can be taken as well as should anything happen to one or the other bike along the way.

Folks,

The "Go Cruise Throttle Control" was on demo at the International Motorcycle Show this past weekend at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, California.

Check out this website about the "Go Cruise throttle control": motorcycle passenger handles

Thanks Gator, We installed a set of kuryakyn grips with the new throttle boss, it is a little wider than the old style and really works well, as well as looking good. We are planning a trip this summer to Niagra Falls, Canadian side this summer, leaving from Jacksonville, Fl. The route I plan on taking will be through the Appalachian Mts then some major highways and I really want her (the misses) to be as comfortable as can be as this will be our first really long trip on seperate rides and I do not want it to be the last. Don't get me wrong I love when she is on the back of my bike with me...but the seperate bikes opens a lot more opportunities for a real adventure as more equipment can be taken as well as should anything happen to one or the other bike along the way.

Sounds like a fun trip Slapp, we will be looking for all the pics. Ride safe!!

With the push/pull throtle and friction tensioner she should adapt well. In my opinion if a person still has hand/wrist/arm issues its probably the reach and angle of the bars. Its also pretty tricky to get both bikes speed matched with cruise...

Back