free website stats program cruise control accelerating on it's own | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

cruise control accelerating on it's own

I found a procedure to retrieve codes in my CVO service manual supplement but get nothing when I follow the procedure, and of course the manual dose not indicate what codes should be displayed. Is it possible that if no codes are displayed that there are none stored?

I have decided not to disconnect the PCV yet. I have a service appointment with the dealer on Tuesday, and will give him another chance to solve the problem before doing anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your right not the same problem, was just trying to get the codes for the 010. My problem is the cruise keeps just shutting down. Have to shut of the kill switch or ignition switch to get it to reset. Light changes from green to amber and will not reset until the ignition is cycled.

was just trying to get the codes for the 010. My problem is the cruise keeps just shutting down.

I believe cruise control DTC's are part of the "P" code family. An example would be:
DTC: P0577
FAULT CONDITION: Cruise control input high

It would only make sense because once you have throttle by wire, cruise control can be added with a few switches and firmware. Cruise control can't be a totally separate host controller on the Lan buss. That would not make sense. (I don't have cruise, just theory)

See what happens when a thread gets hi-jacked. I'm answering DEP47 and your answering BigBubba. Two different year bikes.

My 07 ultra would accelerate like above & found that the cable in front of the gas tank needed to be lubed.Much better after the lube job

Back