free website stats program cruise control accelerating on it's own | Harley Davidson Forums

cruise control accelerating on it's own

bigbubba402

Ok I know this is gonna sound crazy but I was out on a ride today and after coming out of a town I hit resume on my cruise and it brought it up to speed just like any other time.For about a mile everything was fine then all of a sudden it decided to accelerate and was still climbing at 70 when i shut the cruise off turned it back on and it worked fine could not get it to duplicate.Has anyone ever heard of this happening or is my bike possesed?There has been no electrical work done to this bike this bike this winter.This is not my first ride this spring i have about 700 mile this year already thanks for any input

Ok I know this is gonna sound crazy but I was out on a ride today and after coming out of a town I hit resume on my cruise and it brought it up to speed just like any other time.For about a mile everything was fine then all of a sudden it decided to accelerate and was still climbing at 70 when i shut the cruise off turned it back on and it worked fine could not get it to duplicate.Has anyone ever heard of this happening or is my bike possesed?There has been no electrical work done to this bike this bike this winter.This is not my first ride this spring i have about 700 mile this year already thanks for any input

Cruise Control Diagnostics and Codes - Harley Davidson Community from the Boss to you

I have what I think is the same problem...It occurs after I go up any kind of hill. The cruise controll accelerates for the change in grade but then doesn't let off after you are at the top or "sticks" and you begin to accelerate and continue to until you pull in the clutch or hit the brakes...Shutting cruise off will not help.. I's almost as if the cable sticks.. I have stopped using it because as soon as you come to any uphill grade that is what hapens... I have recalibrated it twice but no luck...it still does it... any ideas anyone?
Thanks Tigg
WAP.gif

Possibly a glitch in the programming, maybe if the dealer would get involved and reprogram the ECM, it may help.

Never thought of that... guess it could be a conflict somewhere with the speedo... I just hate taking it to the dealer. I always feel like they're feeding me a line.... especially after them wanting to charge me 500 dollars to put the compensator sprocket on and I did it myself with your help for 100 dollars.... makes you feel like they're taking advantage of you.... oh well a fella's gotta do what a fellas gotta do I guess...thanks Glider
WAP.gif

Just an update yesterday i ran the codes they showed all normal items ie throttle roll off,cruise switch off ect.Then I reinitialized I rode it for about 50 miles yesterday worked fine.I guess time will tell thanks for all th input bubba

Never thought of that... guess it could be a conflict somewhere with the speedo... I just hate taking it to the dealer. I always feel like they're feeding me a line.... especially after them wanting to charge me 500 dollars to put the compensator sprocket on and I did it myself with your help for 100 dollars.... makes you feel like they're taking advantage of you.... oh well a fella's gotta do what a fellas gotta do I guess...thanks Glider
WAP.gif

Yep, for some things like this there's no getting away from the dealers and the digital tech.

I am trying to get the cruise codes on my 010 CVO Ultra, but the procedure here does not work is there another procedure to retrieve the codes on a newer bike?

Back