free website stats program Crowfoot and a torque wrench | Harley Davidson Forums

Crowfoot and a torque wrench

mnultra

Do any of you know if a torque wrench will be accurate when using a crowfoot wrench? I was just thinking about the last time I adjusted my clutch and I always feel better if I can follow the torque specs. This is about the only way that I can think of that may work to torque the nut while holding the allen.

Maybe some of you have a different idea.

Should be close enough. You are not going to be that far from the drive of the torque wrench.
Kemo

When I was in the Navy we used the same set up when installing Vertical launch missles on submarrines. If it is good enough for the navy weapons systems I see no reason not to use the same in everyday life.

Thanks Kevin,

Hope Hoople and Cap. Jack take a look at the information/web address for future reference...

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie,,, its already listed as a Favorite. Awesome web site..!:) Tks Kevin..

Yep, I torque everything and use the correct wrench and formula, cant take chances on customers vehicles and never use short cuts, they are for HACKS IMO:p

Do any of you know if a torque wrench will be accurate when using a crowfoot wrench? I was just thinking about the last time I adjusted my clutch and I always feel better if I can follow the torque specs. This is about the only way that I can think of that may work to torque the nut while holding the allen.

Maybe some of you have a different idea.
Mount the crows foot at 90 deg. on the tourque wrench. You'll be fine.

Back