free website stats program Crossing the USA: Which Month?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Crossing the USA: Which Month??

Which month(s) [see below] is the BEST month to cross the USA? With the LEAST chance of bad weather.

• May

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • June

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • July

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • August

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • September

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • October

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Other.......

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuzzCap7

Which month is the BEST month to cross the USA with the least chance of bad weather? Be it heat, cold, tornado's, floods, etc..... Pls vote.

Thank you ALL in advance!!

BuzzCap7

I believe October might be the best for depending how far north traveling leaves are changing and the experience of cool and cold weather would make trip interesting. Also with Summer over most people are back to school and the daily grind so less are traveling.....Hope you have a great trip Buzzcap7...

right now it's 57% for September. My reasoning is that not knowing if a Southern or Northern route is to be used September will have the overall best weather, little rain, snow, or heat wherever you ride.

I think September. It will be kind of warm in the south part of the US but it gets you out of the cold weather up north and all of the stormy weather.

September up here can be very rainy and at times we already start to get snow. Two years ago at the Harley Color Rama in Tomahawk it was very cold and snowy.

With all the crazy weather this year, I wouldn't even hazard a guess!:newsmile040:

Southern route - May - everything is blooming and it has not gotten too hot yet
Northern route - Last of August - a lot of the kids are back in school and the show usually has not started in the mountains yet.

If you're traveling through NE - avoid the months of May/Jun due to our thunderstorm/tornado season. Can get pretty dicey...good luck!

I would say August, but you will have to deal with some extreme heat, but normally not much bad weather.

Back