Crossing the USA: Which Month??

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by BuzzCap7, May 5, 2011.

?

Which month(s) [see below] is the BEST month to cross the USA? With the LEAST chance of bad weather.

Poll closed May 10, 2011.
  1. May

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. June

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. July

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. August

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
  5. September

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  6. October

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  7. Other.......

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BuzzCap7

BuzzCap7 Member

Which month is the BEST month to cross the USA with the least chance of bad weather? Be it heat, cold, tornado's, floods, etc..... Pls vote.

Thank you ALL in advance!!

BuzzCap7

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

I believe October might be the best for depending how far north traveling leaves are changing and the experience of cool and cold weather would make trip interesting. Also with Summer over most people are back to school and the daily grind so less are traveling.....Hope you have a great trip Buzzcap7...

3. Mainah

Mainah Junior Member

right now it's 57% for September. My reasoning is that not knowing if a Southern or Northern route is to be used September will have the overall best weather, little rain, snow, or heat wherever you ride.

4. 01dynaglide

01dynaglide Junior Member

I think September. It will be kind of warm in the south part of the US but it gets you out of the cold weather up north and all of the stormy weather.

5. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

September up here can be very rainy and at times we already start to get snow. Two years ago at the Harley Color Rama in Tomahawk it was very cold and snowy.

6. ProF

ProF Junior Member

With all the crazy weather this year, I wouldn't even hazard a guess!:newsmile040:

7. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

Southern route - May - everything is blooming and it has not gotten too hot yet
    Northern route - Last of August - a lot of the kids are back in school and the show usually has not started in the mountains yet.

8. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

If you're traveling through NE - avoid the months of May/Jun due to our thunderstorm/tornado season. Can get pretty dicey...good luck!

9. nrs2420

nrs2420 Member

I would say August, but you will have to deal with some extreme heat, but normally not much bad weather.

10. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

I think we would have to know your route before we could give you an educated guess.