free website stats program Crossbones windshield | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Crossbones windshield

UPDATE: I again went do to the "professionals" at the HD shop, here in the UAE, told them get me some chrome washer so I can space the windshield forward a bit. Of course they didn't have anything and used some kind of rubber washers. It helped a little. A few days later a few friends and I are coming back from a overnight stay and I said to one what they did and I just going to get some sandpaper and try to take some of the sharp edge of the windshield. Another friend walks over looks at the cable and windshield and says " Looks like your bars are forward a little why do you just move the them back a little?" I looked at him and then the bars then back at him and told him "I'll buy the next rounds!" Too simple easy fix, works and looks ok and thank God for the professionals at the HD shop!

my 1998 flsts has the cable going in front of the bars and behind the shield inboard of the left verticle windshield support and spring latch wire. it rests on and is postioned behind the left top mounting post. it is trapped between the left verticle support, behind the top mounting stud on the fork and the left riser. i believe this to be the stock cable location as the bike came from the original owner with 2000 miles on it when i bought it three yrs ago.there are 10,000 miles on the bike and no rub what so ever.i did replace the stock kingsize windshield with one from kamco enterprises.this shield is designed with lowers that helps the tanks from getting chipped as well as the wind from hitting the front of the tanks and being forced up into you face while riding.

Back