free website stats program CROSSBONES slip on exhaust question | Harley Davidson Forums

CROSSBONES slip on exhaust question

mike38

I'm looking to replace my stock slip on exhaust with something loud the problem is not to many stores online have anything for my bike.
Can someone please give me a little help in my search for loud pipes?
Also in doing so will I have to re jet my system? If so isn't there something that I can buy to do it myself??
Thanks.
MIKE :)

I'm sure it will take some time to catch up with the new models but there will be just as many slipons available through the after market as well as HD is a short time.

Don't know about rejetting, isn't that Fuel Injected? You should add some fuel with slipons as well as the stage 1 IMO. Some dealers say you are OK but the 02 sensors can't adjust enough to give you a good AFR.

i got cycle shack slip ons for my crossbones there really load as long as you dont mess with the air cleaner you dont have to do any thing did mine my self they cost 200

i have V&H straight shots on mine, great sound and performance. if you don't upgrade the air cleaner you shouldn't have to add a fuel management system (ie. like fuel pak, PCIII, etc.). your bike is EFI so no rejetting is needed, just a remap, and really only if you change the air filter. you're looking at about $200 for the pipes, about the same or more for a fuel management system (depending on make), and about $150 for the remap. so it really depends on what you're looking for, max performance or just the sound with a little increase in performance. the beauty is you can do most of this yourself to reduce some of the costs, and there are some other alternatives (ie. IED's). good luck and let us know how it turns out.

I have the VH slip ons and the air cleaner. I also got the fuel remapped. The sound is real nice. I have had many compliments about the sound. The air cleaner and remap made a big difference in the throttle response and acceleration. When I accelerated the first time I almost slipped off the seat. It was scary but fricken awesome.

Back