free website stats program Crossbones dilemma! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Crossbones dilemma!

There is an after company who sells lower springs, I myself changed the seat which also made a rear seat. I didn't like the stock seat anyway but the new one lowered me enough where both feet are flat on the ground at a stop. and it looks good.

TQuentin1

Well I feel IMHO I must say save your hard earned cash. I am not sure if this is your first child or if you have children already. TQ, as you know it is very expensive to raise a child from birth on up. $12,800 would go a very long way towards College in the future. Two Bike insurance bills are especially hard to justify. Hey should you have another child shortly after trust me your riding time goes way down.. You are lucky to have a wonderfull wife but I bet she may agree here.
You have a sweet ride. Perhaps upgrade the one you have if you have that "feeling" for something new? Chock it up to spring fever..

Thanks for your ear.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtian, you may never get another oportunity. Worst case you can ride it to work every day to pay for the family future.

A friend of mine rides a Crossbones and loves it. Glad to hear you're keeping the Ultra, though. :s

Folks,

Thanx for all the input.

I have been doing some soul searching, and have come to the conclusion that I have been a bit irresponsible and immature. I have two bikes now. One is a full touring bagger. I can very comfortably haul Momma and a bunch of stuff anywhere we want. The other is a little run-around that is not really designed to haul anyone too far, but great fun to spend a day hopping around town. So, what's up with this thing over the Crossbones? It is a wanna have it, NOT need to have it.

And I have three kids coming up that I will have to put through school. So ... I think I am gonna pass on the CB!!

Thanx again folks!

TQ

Folks,

Thanx for all the input.

I have been doing some soul searching, and have come to the conclusion that I have been a bit irresponsible and immature. I have two bikes now. One is a full touring bagger. I can very comfortably haul Momma and a bunch of stuff anywhere we want. The other is a little run-around that is not really designed to haul anyone too far, but great fun to spend a day hopping around town. So, what's up with this thing over the Crossbones? It is a wanna have it, NOT need to have it.

And I have three kids coming up that I will have to put through school. So ... I think I am gonna pass on the CB!!

Thanx again folks!

TQ

TQ don't sweat it, before you know it the kids will be grown and on thier own and you will have plenty of time for all the extras. I applaud your willingness to think things through and put you family first. You have my respect for that sir.

TQ don't sweat it, before you know it the kids will be grown and on thier own and you will have plenty of time for all the extras. I applaud your willingness to think things through and put you family first. You have my respect for that sir.

I agree with TripleJ, It takes alot to pass up this "oppertunity" and goes to show that you got your priorities in the right spot. Alot of respect.!!!

Yikes TQ...you did not say that this dilemma included a "--test of reasonableness..." good choice there in any event.

I also waited 'til the moment the nest was empty...then the partay began...my gal got her Rider's Permit and the rest is history...:D

Yikes TQ...you did not say that this dilemma included a "--test of reasonableness..." good choice there in any event.

I also waited 'til the moment the nest was empty...then the partay began...my gal got her Rider's Permit and the rest is history...:D

Well, my "this one" is due in a few weeks. When this guy is ready to go to school, I'll be 73. Not sure I am gonna wait until the nest is completely empty!!

TQ

Folks,

Thanx for all the input.

Thanx again folks!

TQ

Let the kids pay for thair schooling. If you have the money, go get the bike before your wife changes her mind..Just think about how nice of a bike you would have ........CROSSBONES....Now that is a cool ride...OH MAN ..WHY be mature or even responsible,,,,If I was I would be bikeless...You only live once...:D.. Why is it your job to pay for collage..:newsmile071:..But what do I know, I cant even spell.. Boy ,,I gess I will never grow up becouse I would have another bike if I could..Just saying..:bigsmiley12:

Glad you didn't listen. It's just that we LOVE to spend other members money when not getting to spend any of our own. If you have a boy, don't tell him when he is older because I am sure he would have been looking forward to hopping on that XB and going for a ride.

Back