free website stats program Cross Country | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cross Country

I would be more concerened about a packing list of what to take and a few weekend dry runs to test it out :)

Music's important but Smitty has a good point. I've read that you should put everything you're considering taking out on the bed, and then force yourself to put at least half of it back! Not sure if it works but the intent is clear - it's tempting to bring way too much stuff.

Music's important but Smitty has a good point. I've read that you should put everything you're considering taking out on the bed, and then force yourself to put at least half of it back! Not sure if it works but the intent is clear - it's tempting to bring way too much stuff.

No Kidding one of the reason I pull a trailer is my wifes 6 pair of shoes...lol I got her down to 3 now...lol..We've learned one really important thing when traveling..locate your closest UP's store so you can ship all them souvenirs home..Best lesson I've learned...as important as locating a laundry mat...lol ...:D

No Kidding one of the reason I pull a trailer is my wifes 6 pair of shoes...lol I got her down to 3 now...lol..We've learned one really important thing when traveling..locate your closest UP's store so you can ship all them souvenirs home..Best lesson I've learned...as important as locating a laundry mat...lol ...:D
Yes, we have already decided to ship all the souveniers home, and also thought about the laundry mat. I suggested a trailer to my husband but that didn't go over too well.
We need to decide what to pack and what good routes to take that are scenic, would like to stay away from major interstates.

Hey Wendy, around the same time as you are headed west. I am headed east to South Dakota, from Idaho. Maybe we will see you on the road. :bigsmiley24:

What time of year are you going..Myself my wife and two other couples are hopefully going out that way as far as Utah...could join you along a Missouri highway are north of Missouri..we're heading to Canada this year we went out west last year..was it ever great...
What routes did you take when you went out west?
We are going to stop in Branson. Maybe we will see ya there.

Good pair of boots work fine for most things you do and a pair of boot condoms allow you to use them for rain and cooler temps.
A bag of low cost cotton socks that you a can trash as you use them lightens the load as you go. Anything that has on one use for it should be considered for leaving at home.
I spent a lot of time living out of a ruck sack I know how to go light :)
Thanks for the info.
We are going to need lots of good tips for this ride.

Depending on were you stay. Motels provide soap shampo even razors most of the time.
There are all kind of folding brushes and tooth brushes out there.
you really do not need a bike cover along but if you have bag srtapped on you need covers for those. Into all lives some rain will come.
Glove liners work well on cool days and nights ,then slipped into heavyer gloves if it gets cold. If you lucky both of your cell phone use the same charger take 1.
I use the bike to charge phones.
Try laying out what you each can not live with out. Then give up a few things :).
And try agin.
My wife and I can pack all we need for 4 day trip in the tour pack , hard bags and a tour master we remove the round bag top and strap on the tour pack.
Also two weeks ago met a couple at the S&S party in Lacrosse WI.
They lost a bag off the back when straps came off. In it was wallets cash and all ID.
keep cash, and ID's in different places.
Anything can be lost Or stolen no madder how secure. I sucks to lose your cash it sucks to lose your ID but to lose both at once on the road it is really going to be a bad day.
Enjoy the trip
Great suggestios, Thank you!!

We did a cross country in '05 from Maryland up over lakes, then across to Oregon, down Cal. across the bottom back east to NC then back to Md.
Did a second in '07 from Md to NM up into Colorado and back to Md. I might be able to post the '05 trip if yor interested, it's a little long, I had it on another forum.

We did a cross country in '05 from Maryland up over lakes, then across to Oregon, down Cal. across the bottom back east to NC then back to Md.
Did a second in '07 from Md to NM up into Colorado and back to Md. I might be able to post the '05 trip if yor interested, it's a little long, I had it on another forum.

Post away bro ! Always interested in a good ride story!!!

Back