free website stats program Craving spring already!! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Craving spring already!!

Hey, come on down to Phoenix, it's supposed to be the best riding this time of year, cause in the summer it's 115 degrees in the shade; kind of hot to ride. Well, guess what? Tomorrow morning, New Years Eve, it should be 25 degrees, with a high of 48 degrees! I think it will be warmer in Milwaukee on Friday! Oh well, this won't last long and it will be around 70 again. I still would rather live here than in Milwaukee as I did for 45 years!

I had to fly down to Phoenix years ago to do some custom machining on a diesel engine. It was 115 degrees like you said...in the shade. Nobody was working around me. After I asked, the foreman told me that everybody else works inside where the air conditioner is. I also noticed that the blacktop highway looked like it had groves from the weight of tires on the road. Interesting. Wow!

Man i was deployed last year only got to ride when i came home for my 2 week R&R, i bought a new street glide while i was gone, have to wait until spring to ride it.

I rode to work and back today (54 mile round trip) it was 31 degrees in the morning and about 42 on the way home. Not too bad in the morning except for my helmet fogging and having to open my visor some then my left eye felt like it was freezing up...

Supposed to be in the mid 40s here today and low 50s tomorrow, I just got in off the road { otr Truckdriver} and was planning on getting the road king out and doing some riding.. then as I got closer I noticed all the snow. The roads are clear and dry the only problem I have is all the snow thats between my storage building and the drive way.. Ol Well there will be other day's.. LOL..

It's really bad out here where I am. Had to ride in sunny 60 degree weather this morning and it only might get up to low 70's today. Not like last week end where we broke records for low 80's then it got windy. Can't wait for spring, so I can stay in a tee shirt and put the coat away.LOL I definately feel for those of you that contend with snow, ice and freezing temps.

went out this morning to breakfast. 19* and got a little brisk on the way down to balto., md. warmed up to 42* on the way over to chesapeake hd for my parts. what a great way to spend a sat. morning. won't be long and i'll get that new ultra back together.

They send you to one of the hottest place on the face of the earth for 18 months and some how manage to bring you back home in the middle of winter. Happens ever darn time.
Welcome back enjoy the ride, ride smart and follow the regs.

Arrived back from singapore 14 nov 1975 3:30 am howling gale pouring rain and cold very cold got dumped off a bus at 7:30 in aberdeen first bus home on a sunday was at 10:30 then 2 hours on the bus what a shock to the system
British army works on the same set of principals

Brian

64 degrees in Reno today! Seems like everybody with a bike was out riding by noon time. Interesting that I noticed a lot of fair weather riders too. Easy to spot...the ones with the big dollar bikes and wearing brand new leathers. They just looked too clean. :newsmile01: I suppose that somebody with money has to keep the Harley dealers in business. The only thing that I can afford to buy new are parts.

Back