free website stats program Craving spring already!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Craving spring already!!

I'm starting to think that 'global warming' just means that it will get colder earlier, stat colder longer, and have shorter summers......:newsmile042:

I'm hoping that we will get an early spring since December has been so bad. I'm also thinking that I'm really glad that I moved to an inside job and got out of the weather. :D

LOL, Iceman, your a funny guy. :rofl I'd be willing to bet that Jack may miss MN in the summer, but probably not so much in the winter. :D

You folks who have worse winters than I do have my respect, I'm ready to become a snowbird. :D

I'm with you joyflyin...just in case anyone's pondering a move North - here's what to expect in Nov - Mar...that's me in pics running shovel on Left (notice HD skull cap). We were finishing up after ~2-hr shovel/snowblowing from previous night's "light dusting" - back still hurts...:56:

Attachments

• 100_1998.jpg
    100_1998.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_1999.jpg
    100_1999.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 19
Every year, I try my best to wish 'my snow' to the fine folks that live near the ski areas in WV, but every year, I just don't get my wish. :(

I know last year I had made the comment that 'If I have to dig my work truck out of one more snowbank, I'm just walking away and coming back in the spring'. I worked on cable lines and in order fro me to get out of the road, I had to baha into the snow that was plowed along the sides of the road. I don't know how the transmission survived. :D (Yeah I do, I knew how to get out), but sometimes I would have to help a little.

It cost us a fortune last year paying the neighbors kid to plow our driveway, so this year my husband bought a snow blade for our four wheeler and brought the four wheeler to our house in OH. The problem is if he isn't here, I'm still paying Alex, I have no desire to go out in the cold after 18 years of it. :newsmile042:

After 5 weeks or so the snow is finally melting i managed to get the car home without snow chains yesterday and today the road is almost all tarmac and temp should be above freezing for the next week at least
The wind is really cold making it feel colder than it is but it does help the snow melt quicker

Brian

I grew up in Northern Michigan and remember that kind of weather but I don't miss it anymore. I guess I shouldn't be upset that it will rain tomorrow here in the Phoenix area. Myself and another forum member wanted to ride tomorrow but we most likely won't because of rain. I have no reason for being upset about my weather after seeing what you have Iceman.

I hope your back heals before the next snow storm. :s

Tank, Snow flurries here in Florida the other day, I am heading west with or without The Redhead:newsmile100:

I saw that on the news!! JAX with snow! As I said, I have no complaints about living in Phoenix.

As far as you moving to the West... I told ya, the Redhead is worried I will be a bad influence you! :newsmile042:

Nah, she thinks we are all nuts :newsmile100:

I do something similar to MrSleepy and HorizonChaser, only I go from one Harley dealership to another...and if they happen to have donuts, coffee, hotdogs or chips all the better. Glad I have saddlebags though...and try to use cash and NOT plastic, cause it can get a bit expensive!:a

Flying out of Phoenix today...as Larry said it was nice here and wish I had taken the bike. It is supposed to rain tomorrow...right now it is sunny with a few clouds...NICE time to ride today!:D

Last edited:
I bought a Winter riding suit to be able to ride in cold weather. In fact, that Winter riding suit is too hot above 40 degrees only wearing a tee shirt underneath. Also installed hand grip warmers and have boot toe warmers if I go on a long distance ride if the weather clears enough. Today I rode west of Reno until the snow started, then headed for home east from Reno to stay ahead of the snow. Only had the bike since August 20 but have 5,400+ miles on it, 37 miles today. 40 miles yesterday before the rain. I was never this interested in riding when I had a Goldwing. The Harley is more fun.

Hey, come on down to Phoenix, it's supposed to be the best riding this time of year, cause in the summer it's 115 degrees in the shade; kind of hot to ride. Well, guess what? Tomorrow morning, New Years Eve, it should be 25 degrees, with a high of 48 degrees! I think it will be warmer in Milwaukee on Friday! Oh well, this won't last long and it will be around 70 again. I still would rather live here than in Milwaukee as I did for 45 years!

Back