free website stats program Craving spring already!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Craving spring already!!

I had similar experience last year - got my FLHX in late Sep so only had time to run 500 miles on bike before winter set in. Of course it was one of the snowiest years so waiting for spring was forever. Glad you got a little trip in before bad weather & I'm sure there'll be more.

All of us in northern climes are and have been craving spring for some time now already. I got my last ride in on December 3rd, it was about 22 degrees, but we hadn't had any snow on the roads at that point. Now the roads are covered with salt and brine solution so no more riding until it gets washed off. I have even plowed my yard so I can at least ride my dirt bike and that has helped the itch somewhat:s

Merry Christmas to all!

I took a ride yesterday, it was nice.. I normally will ride down to Becky's Cafe, thats about five's from here. then drink a cup of Coffee, Then drive about seven miles to Jackie's Cafe , Have more coffee, then head back to Becky's.. LOL.. . Its all about having fun right... What part of Ky do you live.. We are getting Sleet here in Woodlawn, and its supposed to turn to snow after while. Tom
I do pretty much the same thing as you do as far as riding and then after awhile stop for a cup of coffee and repeat the process all over again. Trouble is I start the bladder cycle when I do that! Ride, coffee, restroom, etc. etc. :panic

I bought my ultra in March of this year. As long as there was no snow or rain in the forecast, I rode. Some days it was 20 or so degrees, I really need a pair of heated gloves, that was my only complaint. Now I have a few weeks off, until January 24th and was thinking of renting a u-haul truck, driving to Arkansas or so, and then riding from there to Corpus Christi. Decisions decisions........Yes, I cannot wait for spring either..........Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!!

I am about 10 miles east of Louisville.

The picture I took of my bike and posted after my ride was yesterday.

Here is one from today....

Attachments

• P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 25
I was able to ride for a couple hours yesterday. It was about 44 degrees but sunny. Sure felt good to get out in the wind. My bike runs great in the cold weather. Snowing here today, glad I went yesterday.

Same here from Pittsburgh, Pa. No warm weather in sight has averaged 15 degrees for December with no reprieve in sight.
Cool looking bike.

Its been the same on this side of the state :(
6 to 10" tommorow

I cant wait for spring...but at least i get to install my new goodies until then

Come on Jack...we know you miss it up here in MN...:s
LOL, Iceman, your a funny guy. :rofl I'd be willing to bet that Jack may miss MN in the summer, but probably not so much in the winter. :D

You folks who have worse winters than I do have my respect, I'm ready to become a snowbird. :D

Back