free website stats program Crash Boom Bang!!! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Crash Boom Bang!!!

Look at the bike close to see what it needs to be rideable and get what it needs and fix it good enough to ride with your bros, when their gone send it to be repaired, don't have to pretty to ride. Just a thought:s

She's 22 years old... Let's see... Possible reasons she missed the HUGH Electra Glide parked behind her...

She was on a cell phone.
She was texting someone.
She was busy changing the radio station.
She's 22 years old and has short attention span.
She's 22 years old, knows EVERYTHING about driving a vehicle (and life) so she did not need to check the rear-view mirror or look behind her before backing up.

Being mad is OK. It's more than OK. As for everyone else being mad at you, they don't understand because it wasn't their most prized possession that was backed over.

Your daughter is an adult and needs to do the right thing. That right thing is to pay for all the repairs AND pay for a rental so you don't miss Fall Bike Week and the reunion with your brothers.

She is an adult. If she did this to a strangers bike, she, or her insurance company would be paying for it anyway.

Last edited:
She's 22 years old... Let's see... Possible reasons she missed the HUGH Electra Glide parked behind her...

She was on a cell phone.
She was texting someone.
She was busy changing the radio station.
She's 22 years old and has short attention span.
She's 22 years old, knows EVERYTHING about driving a vehicle (and life) so she did not need to check the rear-view mirror or look behind her before backing up.

Being mad is OK. It's more than OK. As for everyone else being mad at you, they don't understand because it wasn't their most prized possession that was backed over.

Your daughter is an adult and needs to do the right thing. That right thing is to pay for all the repairs AND pay for a rental so you don't miss Fall Bike Week and the reunion with your brothers.

She is an adult. If she did this to a strangers bike, she, or her insurance company would be paying for it anyway.

+1. Very well put. EVERYONE in my house and family knows, the ONE thing you do not mess with, or be careless around, is my Harley. You moving a garbage can? You better be sure you have plenty of room. Sweeping out the garage? You better have a firm hand on that broom handle. Getting the ladder down of the wall? You better have a second person on the end of that ladder to make sure you don't swing it around and hit my bike.

I've made it perfectly clear, if someone cannot be 300 percent careful in whatever they are doing, they better not get within 10 feet of my Harley. Cause there WILL be hell to pay if something stupid or careless is done and my bike is damaged because of it.

Last edited:
I like your thoughts Porter, and Steve07 I agree with you as well. Right now I am not allowed to bring it up because my wife says it is upsetting to her (my daughter). What about me, if I don't say anything then what is the leson learned? It is now upestting to me that I am not allowed to say anything is this right?

Slap, I understand exactly how you feel, and yes your daughter is 22 and as Sleddog says is an ADULT. She should own up and basically be and feel responsible. She should have offered to pay for some of the damages, or at least have offered to pay for bike rental so you would not miss your once in a lifetime reunion ride. But you also have to keep a cool head because blood is thicker than water...though this little red guy must have more than most: :devil

The adjuster surveyed the damage and the dealer is being real cool. They are going to try to get the bike road worthy by Thursday. They are going to put new handlebars, brake lever, grips, highway pegs and floor board so it will be roadworthy. They do not have the fender, engine guard or saddlebag guard in stock. So once the weekend is over I will bring the bike back to them to finish repairing the damage. My daughter on the other hand feels she should not have to pay the deductable($250) though. As I started to get mad about that, I counted to ten and explained I was not the one who hit the motorcycle so you are paying. She walked away crying.
On a side note the dealer thought the radio kit I put on was sweet Biketronics with Sony marine grade radio and J&M speakers.

Last edited:
My daughter on the other hand feels she should not have to pay the deductable($250) though. As I started to get mad about that, I counted to ten and explained I was not the one who hit the motorcycle so you are paying. She walked away crying.

On a side note the dealer thought the radio kit I put on was sweet Biketronics with Sony marine grade radio and J&M speakers.

Slapp, she hit you right? So why are you having to use your insurance? If she or someone else hit you on the street you would not use your insurance.

Regarding the radio, at least there is a bight spot here.:)

Slapp, she hit you right? So why are you having to use your insurance? If she or someone else hit you on the street you would not use your insurance.

Regarding the radio, at least there is a bight spot here.:)

+1 I let my stepson use my truck when he was just getting out of the Marines and was packing up his stuff from our house to start college. Well I come home from work and he comes right outside and tells me that he has damaged my truck, (scraped the paint off all the way down the bed and a dent) he hit a dumpster. When he first told me I was upset, but after thinking about it for a minute he at least came out of the house right away owned up to the damage and said he'd pay the deductible. Even if it is family they should take responcibility for thier actions.

Time for her to grow up and quit playin' the baby daughter card(even though that's what she is, you know people don't grow up now until they are in their 30's, LOL) and own up to what she did.

Tis what it is. That's what being an adult is all about; being responsible, and all of this should have been on her insurance too.

Yep, your daughter is at fault. But give her a hug anyways... it's JUST a bike.

That being said, I would never, EVER park a bike behind a car in the driveway. Not for one minute. We use situational awareness on the road, and it's no different in the driveway. We look for hazards and accidents about to happen as we ride to avoid them, why take a chance when it's parked?

The adjuster surveyed the damage and the dealer is being real cool. They are going to try to get the bike road worthy by Thursday. They are going to put new handlebars, brake lever, grips, highway pegs and floor board so it will be roadworthy. They do not have the fender, engine guard or saddlebag guard in stock. So once the weekend is over I will bring the bike back to them to finish repairing the damage. My daughter on the other hand feels she should not have to pay the deductable($250) though. As I started to get mad about that, I counted to ten and explained I was not the one who hit the motorcycle so you are paying. She walked away crying.
Glad ya get ta do the ride with your Bros Slapp................Your Daughter should be held responcible and pay the deductable, at least. Tears are a Chicks way of makin ya feel bad, don't cave in Man. Hang in there, you did the right thing. It'll make her be a bit more careful, might even save someones life out there because she is being more careful and undestands what the costs could be. Too many kids out there aren't held responcible for there actions and end up not paying attention and doing worse things.

Back