free website stats program Crash Bars | Harley Davidson Forums

Crash Bars

ProF

I'm looking at some Jardine crash bars for my 06 Heritage. Has anyone had any experience with Jardine? The prices vary online, but generally around 160-180 new.
I'm more interesed in any comments about the product itself than the prices, though.
Thanks.

I bought some for my sportster, and are happy with them. I didn't see anything wrong with them. And they came complete with hardware, with locknuts. (No vibrating loose)

Newhd, the first bars that came up on your link were for my bike; 2000 through 2010. The mfg stock # is 10-5011-01.

I liked the idea of the Jardine simply because it seems to be carried by almost everybody.
I will check out the Lindby, though.
Thanks.

OK, just checked out the Lindby. The bike came with similar bars, with the "built in" footpeg on the top of the bar. Mine even unfolded to extend outward. But the placement, relative to my feet, was too uncomfortable, and I planning on selling that bar. I think I'll stick with the Jardines.

Thanks for the input, guys. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

I understand, I have Lindby bars that are heavy duty with thick chrome and solid well feathered welds with molded rubber footrest on top. Agree that parking my heels way up there is pretty radical for open highway use only and takes a lot to get used to, but it helps on long trips to stretch out.

I looked a little bit farther and confirmed your bars and part number. If you can check them out if someone local carries them, you can check out the quality of the welds and chrome just to be sure before you buy quality chrome is not "just" skin deep...

Jardine Performance , 10-5011-01, Jardine Front Highway Bars, Harley Davidson Motorcycle Highway Bar

Back