free website stats program Crash Bar help? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Crash Bar help?

I love the Lindby "Multi-bar" on my Heritage. It has rubber foot rests, but I find it more comfortable to simply stretch my legs out, lay my ankels on the rests, and let my feet roll outward. And the cost is forgotten the first time you try to make a tight, rolling u-turn, and your foot slips out on loose gravel. And if you go to Lindby custom's website, you'll see they're running a pretty good sale on them.

I have the HD engine guard and had the pegs custom fit for my legs by a technician. I sat on my seat while he made the correct adjustments. Love the look and feel.

Interesting note...

I just got a J&P catalog in the mail the other day and was looking at the crash bars they offered as I twisted and bent mine. It's currently being straightened but I thought I'd check out an alternate option if needed. In the J&P catalog they offer several different brands of bars but have a disclaimer for all of them stating they're basically just for show and shouldn't be relied upon in a crash or if you lay your bike down.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/members/flhtrider08-albums-recall-picture7605-crash_bars.jpg

Are they just covering their buts?

Interesting note...

I just got a J&P catalog in the mail the other day and was looking at the crash bars they offered as I twisted and bent mine. It's currently being straightened but I thought I'd check out an alternate option if needed. In the J&P catalog they offer several different brands of bars but have a disclaimer for all of them stating they're basically just for show and shouldn't be relied upon in a crash or if you lay your bike down.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/members/flhtrider08-albums-recall-picture7605-crash_bars.jpg

Are they just covering their buts?

yes they all say that every brand ive seen dont want to be sewed if u crash and engine or perhaps person gets hurt. is like the passenger seat for four wheeler dissclaimer say is not for passenger is just for resting when stopped lol ya right

One thing to keep in mind is the possible option of adding lower fairings to your Heritage...then it's best to go w/HD bars so they match. Don't know if you can get hard lowers w/Lindby...?? Just a thought.

Back