free website stats program Crash Bar help? | Harley Davidson Forums

Crash Bar help?

sampson80

Had a question regarding a normal Crash Bar with highway pegs or a Mustache Bar. Which one is better/ more comfortable for the long haul? I definately need one of the two. Also, I have looked at the ones HD offers, but are there any aftermarket options out there that can beat the HD price? All the aftermarket bars that I have found are the same if not higher than HD.

By all means shop around, I have always liked H D quality on the Chrome:s

I like conventional highway bars because they ACTUALLY work to help you roll your bike upright with by keeping the bike up higher, and are more rigid without digging into the tarmac. Uhhh, don't ask me how I know...1st and only tip over was in November last year when a speed bump high centered the bike stopping it dead and over I went, but I WAS able to gently lay it to on the crash bar, so I could re-grip and walk it back up. :33:

Harley chrome like Jack says is very good, however I chose Lindby because they had a nice look.

SaddleView.jpg

I have the HD crash bar on my Heritage and like the option of mounting the foot pegs in different positions. My wife has the mustache guard on her Deluxe and likes it but there is only one position to put your feet. Everyone is different.

Crash bar/engine guard was the first thing I added when i got the bike used. I like the full bar like others, due to the rolling effect and mounting positions for pegs.

I am cheap so I found one on ebay with all the mounting screws for $49.

Back