free website stats program crankshaft position sensor | Harley Davidson Forums

crankshaft position sensor

lowrider13

Last week went for a ride on Wednesday bike ran fine. Then on Saturday we were going on 200 mile ride to check out the foliage here in upstate new York. And bam bike turns over but will not fire, used the odometer and got code
P0373 CKP sensor. Glad it did it in my driveway and not 100 miles from home. Talked to an Indy here and said this is a common problem, he said to clean the old one and throw in my bags just in case this one fails. Said the old one will one fire a few times and die. It was a $61 fix, just a heads up, I might buy another new one so I do not get stranded a country mile from home. Also said the two relays in the fuse box for starter,fuel pump and lights might be a good purchase because they could strand you also. Hope this helps someone with an issue like mine.

Thanks for the heads up, it's always a good idea to have some miscellaneous tools and parts onboard just in case. Good to hear your issue was a cheap and easy fix.:s

HD02FXD012.gif

#6 is your sensor
6 32798-00 SENSOR, CRANKSHAFT POSITION 1 57.99 50.99

Sometimes they get a bit furry, with metallic fur. You can wipe them off and reinstall. They may work for just a bit longer

Enjoy,
Rich P.

Back