free website stats program crank twisted | Harley Davidson Forums

crank twisted

The bike was making a racket even before installing the hydraulic conversion and cams so I brought it to the dealer. They said the oil press. was lower then where it should have been and probably need a tear down. Here is what I found.
008-6.jpg

marks on the end of the shaft
007-6.jpg

aw what the heck
007-7.jpg

008-7.jpg

this was the trans. shaft
010-6.jpg

I'll take it apart tomorrow and next weekend ,send it out.

I'm wondering if putting it on the dyno making a lot of pulls to get a map contributed to this. I'm not trying to blame the tuner , just a heads up.

Not trying to add salt to the wound but this is exactly why you will never see one of my bikes on a Dyno. Unless you need to squeeze every last ounce of power from your scoot a Dyno-Tune is doing more wear and tear than is necessary for a daily driver. Racing, well that a different ballgame altogether..

Hope you get her back together and can enjoy the ride soon.

I have to agree about not subjecting any bike to a dyno. Sure IF the operator knows what they are doing they can get a few more HP out of the engine but it takes it's toll on the engine too.

I had it on the dyno because it smelled rich and wanted the gas mileage. We just did a runout and it was .003 so I guess the noise wasn't where I thought it would be. A little puzzled now.

Back