free website stats program Crane HI-4 ignition damage | Harley Davidson Forums

Crane HI-4 ignition damage

adams777

I have bought a brand new crane coil (single fire ) and a the HI-4 ignition module. I put that on the evo 96 engine, and today I discovered that I do not have a spark on the front cylinder for some reason. I did not really ride that bike yet as I am in the last phase of assembling the whole custom built bike, so I do not really know if the ignition was faulty when I bought it or I damaged it in some way.
It seems that the coil is okay, as I tested it by swapping the cables and I got the spark on the front cylinder but not on the rear one while trying to start the engine, so I am assuming it is the ignition module that is not working properly. Could anyone advice what could cause the damage and how to test if the ignition module is faulty or not?

Thanks for you help

Adam

I discovered that I do not have a spark on the front cylinder for some reason.
It seems that the coil is okay, as I tested it by swapping the cables and I got the spark on the front cylinder but not on the rear one while trying to start the engine

Adam if you got spark on front cylinder after swapping it with rear, its gotta be the cable.

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I got the spark on the front cylinder and not on the rear when I swap the white (normally rear) with a black (normally front) cables. So, judging by that it looks like there is something wrong with the Black (front cylinder) cable. But how can I see if the ignition module is fine? Is there a way to test it? Or does it mean if I get the spark on the rear cylinder it means the module is okay? And only the cable is broken on the way from the module to the coil?

Thanks

Adam

Back