free website stats program Craigslist Scam? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Craigslist Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Just got this e-mail back from "Betty"after about a week. Scam for sure!

Hi there,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest in my bike.This is a 2003 Harley-Davidson Softail FLSTS it's in perfect condition, it has 14,006 miles, never accidented, no scratches, no dents or hidden defects...it's just the way it looks it is.
I'm selling it at a low price because I just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce has finished i own this bike. Now as a women i don't need it.
From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services.
We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20,000.00.
The final price that I want for this bike is $4,400.00 including shipping and handling.
If you are interested in buying it please provide me your FULL NAME and FULL ADDRESS & PHONE NUMBER so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Here you have some details about this motorcycle:

Mileage: 14,006 miles
Engine size (cc): 1450
Type: Cruiser
Exterior color: Silver

I will wait your answer very soon.
Betty Wilson

Betty has a great line......SCAM

Tell her you want to come in person with cash to buy the bike.:D

Exactly - tell her your counter-deal is to fly, physically see the bike (test ride) & title (w/her name & matching VIN). Then you'll give the cash when everything checks out.

This message is almost "word for word" on the divorce sale car I replied on for my son. Don't know how these people sleep at night...:newsmile055:

" I'm selling it at a low price because I just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce has finished i own this bike. Now as a women i don't need it."

Ya sure. I bet you a grand that Betty has a beard...Take the course and ride it Betty.

What a scam.

We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20,000.00.

I would have to contact Ebay and verify this just for the heck of it.:D

I am sure Betty will also want a 'Good Faith' deposit via Western Union to hold that beautiful ride just for me.

For some reason I just can't stop hearing that line from the Austin Powers Movie.... "She's a Man Baby!!":p

Steve, I bet if I was to e-mail Betty and tell her I want the bike so badly, I am willing to pay her $6,000 (more than she is asking) just to lock me into the deal, ..... I would bet she writes you and says the bike is still available for sale.

As stated earlier, the real shame is people like Betty are rarely prosecuted.

I sent her an email and I received the following a few days later. Sent identical question from two of my garbage email accounts and the exact message came back. I think I will play with her for a bit.

Hi there,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest in my bike.This is a 2003 Harley-Davidson Softail FLSTS it's in perfect condition, it has 14,006 miles, never accidented, no scratches, no dents or hidden defects...it's just the way it looks it is.
I'm selling it at a low price because I just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce has finished i own this bike. Now as a women i don't need it.
From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services.
The final price that I want for this bike is $4,400.00 including shipping and handling.
If you are interested in buying it please provide me your FULL NAME and FULL ADDRESS & PHONE NUMBER so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Here you have some details about this motorcycle:

Mileage: 14,006 miles
Engine size (cc): 1450
Type: Cruiser
Exterior color: Silver

I will wait your answer very soon.
Betty Wilson

I looked in to that once. The real Key seems to be Western Union. They will seem to have you wire money to a western union store where any shmuck can come and pick up the money. TOTAL SCAM, STAY AWAY!

I'm still having a ball with her. I told her I have a time share in FL and will down so I can come buy. She said she was flying for a private jet carrier. Ashed her which on and she made up some name and I replied with no way, I know someone who works at the same airport.

She still keeps coming back with the ebay for all my business malarky

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back