free website stats program Craigslist Scam? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Craigslist Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
= 2003 Harley-Davidson Softail FLSTS = - $4400 (sandusky)

Date: 2010-02-18, 9:44AM EST
Reply to: see below

*THE PAINT, CHROME, TIRES, WHEELS, EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BIKE IS NEAR PERFECT.

*MECHANICALLY ITS LIKE BRAND NEW. STARTS, SHIFTS, BRAKES & HANDLES PERFECTLY. NO LEAKS, NO SMOKE, NO KNOWN ISSUES.

*ALL WEARABLE ITEMS, FLUIDS, BRAKE PADS, CABLES, FILTERS, TIRES, BATTERY, SPARK PLUGS AND WIRES HAVE BEEN ADJUSTED OR REPLACED AS NEEDED.

THIS STUNNING BIKE IS IN THE FINEST CONDITION YOU CAN FIND SECOND ONLY TO NEW.

For more info email me : betty.wilson@msn.com

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3k53m23lb5Od5T85Rda2i62b6322811b91eb4.jpg
3kd3oc3l45O75Pe5R9a2ib28e53978d3b1177.jpg

Ha! Saw the exact same bike in front of the same fountain 3 years ago on Ebay. Tried to talk turkey with them and when it was clear to them the deal wouldn't happen except through a bonded 3rd party escrow company they went away. It's a scam for sure!

++ for Scam! I e-mailed a similar CraigsList posting when looking @ cars for my son. Even though it was in the Omaha, NE postings - the seller claimed they were going through a divorce & their vehicle's being held in another state. Re-assured everyting was legit & wanted the cash wired to their account. I didn't bite the hook & responded with my .02 on their intentions to take my $$$. Now I've heard these people simply take pics of vehicles randomly, or grab fm internet & create these scam postings to see if anyone's gullable enough to follow through. Like they say - if it sounds too good to be true - it's probably a scam.

Just a note that Craigslist is a great website, but the real deal is making sure you touch and feel, with clear pink slip on hand...! My gal finds deals on Craigslist all the time, but like Ebay you have to be careful...no money or numbers get exchanged until you confirm the goods and service are not a "tainted" deal.

the problem today with the economy, the deals are getting better, and so are the low lifes coming up with great scams. some people would do anything for a buck

Just a note that Craigslist is a great website, but the real deal is making sure you touch and feel, with clear pink slip on hand...! My gal finds deals on Craigslist all the time, but like Ebay you have to be careful...no money or numbers get exchanged until you confirm the goods and service are not a "tainted" deal.

Good point - I too have bought/sold on CraigsList & yes it's great to have this service w/o having to pay for advertising (like newspaper). Like everything w/electrons today - you've just gotta be cautious & re-think some of the "too good to be true" deals. Cheers!

OH NO! I just put down a deposit for a bridge in Broolyn, NY.
Do you think I got took? LOL
The sad truth is hardly ever do they even go after these guy's.

But in today's economy, there are GREAT deals EVERYWHERE, and I'm willing to bet you could find an equally great deal in your own backyard. Don't fall for the "geographic deal" that only seems so good because you have to work so hard to get it. There's awesome deals within an hour's drive of wherever you live. I guarantee it.

RichardS, with all due respect, you're unlikely to find a mint 2003 Harley-Davidson Softail FLSTS (mileage not stated) for $4400 anywhere. And my only point for saying this (with utmost reverence) is....on CraigsList, the first sign of a scam is a deal "too good to be true". They are taking advantage of people who want to believe that deal exists somewhere out there and they will be lucky enough to be the first one to stumble on it and snag it up. If that deal is out there it won't be on Craigslist.

CraigsList is awesome, I've sold 2 cars and 2 bikes there, and bought my current bike there also, which I had to go from Houston to Dallas to get. I feel like I got a great deal and love this well taken care of machine.

Like Butch, i saw this bike in front of the same fountain last year. As well as others that keep popping up from time to time (a really nice 2008 Gold Wing with a hard shell custom painted golf bag attached to the hitch). Each time, I send a report of the scam to the state attorney general's office.

I agree with RichardS. Just recently my wife and I picked up a 2002 Dyna Low Rider for $5600, with 400 miles on it. The seller was about an hour away, but still in my state. That was under a special set of circumstances since the seller was a woman that really liked the fact that this bike was going to another woman AND she was by no means hurting for money. She even included chaps, all the original parts that were removed when some chrome was added, a full face and a half face helmet. And, you can almost always get a better deal by paying in cash, if you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back