free website stats program Craftsman Professional Bike Lift | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Craftsman Professional Bike Lift

My Canadian Tire jack stopped working and after reading all the other post on this site, I decided to invest in a Pitbull. The price turn me off, after all its only a lift.
This jack is sweet.
No more guessing about where to place it
Got access to all the holes.
Stable for any type of work other than wheel removal.
Best feature off all is that the support rail is angled so as you elevate the bike the first inch or two, the weight of the bike is tranferred from one bike frame to both frames. No more balancing the bike while trying to lift it.

I have both the Sears Craftsman jack (yellow) and a Pitbull. I don't use the Craftsman jack for anything other than raising/lowering a rear wheel for removal in conjunction with the Pitbull now. The craftsman is just too unstable for my liking with a $25k motorcycle.

Just my $.02.

Same thing here JDP - I got my Ultra up on the Craftsman Pro and was just too unstable for my liking. I posted a pic a while back on the slant the lift carriage had. I saw that and said...I don't think so lol.

Found a Pitbull pneumatic lift for $325 on Craigslist. Was a little over a year old and those go for close to $700 I believe. I get up on that thing and do jumping jacks it's so stable.

I have the red craftsman lift. Have only used it a couple of times and with the straps on and it seemed to work ok. It works better on the older frame than on the new one. It is much easier running my wife's 07 Ultra up on it than my 2010 is. I guess you get what you pay for. I only spent about $110, so I didn't expect it to work like a $500 unit should.

The key is finding the proper center of gravity and if necessary use adapters and shims to make the foundation stable. MOCO made ones for their lifts, I would think that if you fed back your difficulties to the manufacturer they would at least consider or have a service note about special cases...IF enough users give them feedback.

Most of us as consumers think our only responsibility after we buy is that it works and that is the end of the transaction. But truthfully how many of us write a manufacturer to tell them we are satisfied and tell them the so, our nits and picks, or it needed to be "adapted" to fit your particular bike and give them a chance to make "good".

Honestly, I have the yellow one from Harbor Freight, it lifts my bike evenly when I put the saddles just next to the jiffy stand bracket and rear cross member. I did use paint stirring sticks under the gaps and no wobble. Done...so do experiment a bit to find the center of gravity, then call customer service and see if they will help you achieve "satisfaction"....we have to keep up our end as a "good" consumer. Just saying...!

The key is finding the proper center of gravity and if necessary use adapters and shims to make the foundation stable. MOCO made ones for their lifts, I would think that if you fed back your difficulties to the manufacturer they would at least consider or have a service note about special cases...IF enough users give them feedback.

Most of us as consumers think our only responsibility after we buy is that it works and that is the end of the transaction. But truthfully how many of us write a manufacturer to tell them we are satisfied and tell them the so, our nits and picks, or it needed to be "adapted" to fit your particular bike and give them a chance to make "good".

Honestly, I have the yellow one from Harbor Freight, it lifts my bike evenly when I put the saddles just next to the jiffy stand bracket and rear cross member. I did use paint stirring sticks under the gaps and no wobble. Done...so do experiment a bit to find the center of gravity, then call customer service and see if they will help you achieve "satisfaction"....we have to keep up our end as a "good" consumer. Just saying...!

I would hope that it would be as easy as this but I'm thinking the Chinese don't really care. JMO

Bodeen

For those who have sent me PMs asking for some pictures. This is my 2010 FLHTK lifted over 3' in the air on the Pitbull. Extremely stable. I was actually able to torque my compensator nut (150 ft-lbs) while lifted to this position.

Attachments

• photo 1-5.jpg
    photo 1-5.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 48
I would hope that it would be as easy as this but I'm thinking the Chinese don't really care. JMO

Bodeen

While I see your point, the Major Brand Name such as Sears or Harbor Freight will feel the next level if you escalate it to Consumer Safety channels or to Corporate...it does not take much to catch their attention then...just depends on how firm your position is...they really do not want consumer advocacy groups or whistleblowers making their life difficult. :bigsmiley6:

Yep this yellow sears one is so unstable no staps
onthebike.jpg

I need to practice since I can not lift my Limited level at all with the Craftsman Professional.

Back