free website stats program Cracked Y-Pipe | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cracked Y-Pipe

When mine cracked I just got a FULSAC Dual Exaust kit, works great, easy to install and it sounds gtrat, and also runs a little cooler:cheers

hey poter if you can find out if the y pipe is the same on a 01 electric glide classic will fit your o7 i'll dig my old one out and send it to you .you pay shipping from fl.i put true dual setup on mine from fulsac.

someone has fulsac kit and pipes for sale in for sale thread

Last edited by a moderator:
My first Electra Glide was a 1989 FLHS... that pipe broke in Granada, Spain with about 35,000 on the bike. Had a welder weld it and changed to the new pipe (reinforced from the factory) havent had one fail since.. Thought that problem was solved.

I assume you are tig welding the pipe. We used to use this gray powder and mix it with alcohol into a paste and paint it onto both sides of where the weld was going to be. Unfortunately I don't remember what it's called. We had to use it on a lot of certified welding jobs I did when I was a sheet metal worker. If you are welding for a living you may know what I'm referring to.

Apparently, cracked "Y" pipes are not uncommon. After mine cracked twice and was repaired twice on my '04 Road King, I started thinking about getting a new bike anyway... my new bike doesn't have a "Y" pipe and I'm happy about that! Consider a two-into-one, you will gain noticible power and never have a cracked "Y" pipe again.

Back