free website stats program Cracked Tour Pack | Harley Davidson Forums

Cracked Tour Pack

BuddyK

:(The fiberglass bottom of my tour pack is cracked next to one of the hinges. I'm thinking of replacing it with one of the newer ABS Plastic packs. Has anyone purchased one of these aftermarket and what was the quality of the box and the fit and finish overall?? Any one that you would recommend or stay away from??
Thanks

I would stay with OEM,the others just look cheap and don't go with the bike.
I have yet to see one that is an exact match.

I have a color matched (Black Cherry) Mutazu tour pak on my RG.

I have had mine for several years and have a solo mount and two up mount and it has done just fine for me. I have the quick detach because I thought I would take it off alot....hardly ever.

It is smaller than an HD tour pak and opens to the front not to the side, but I have not had any major problems with mine and would buy another one if this went bad. I could buy 3 of these for the price of 1 HD.

Attachments

• 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 49
:(The fiberglass bottom of my tour pack is cracked next to one of the hinges. I'm thinking of replacing it with one of the newer ABS Plastic packs. Has anyone purchased one of these aftermarket and what was the quality of the box and the fit and finish overall?? Any one that you would recommend or stay away from??
Thanks

Look something like these:

1554d1225396978-tour_pak_rivets-tour_pak_crack_frt.jpg

1555d1225396978-tour_pak_rivets-tour_pak_crack_rear.jpg

Let me know what you do. I may choose to do the same.

TQ

I had some cracks in mine used a product called plasti dip to seal works great comes in several basic colors but fixed it up.

I was able to buy a color matched Harley tour pack (cobalt blue with silver panel) from an e bay vendor for $450 complete with backrest. It took me 6 months due to the color and several tries, but I think it was worth the wait to get a factory pack.

I was able to find a very nice HD Tour Pack bottom on ebay for a reasonable price. It is a dealer takeoff or replacement from a 2012 Ultra Classic so it is ABS plastic vs fiberglass and has the light bar as well. If my bike was blue, I wouldn't even have to paint it! I did have to drill new mounting holes in bottom so it would fit on my rack, but that was no problem. I'm planning on painting my inner fairing to match the bike and will have tour pack painted as well. :D

Back