free website stats program Cracked Big Sucker | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cracked Big Sucker

All,

Sorry about the confusing post (made sense to me, but thats a different issue). Bubbie is spot on, the hole broke out next to the venturi. The screw is fine. So I am in need of a backing plate. Will the A.N. air filter bolts etc. work with a S.E. Backing plate? No more AN for me. Thanks for reminding about one of my own rules JACK! I dont feel bad as I the AN was on the bike when I bought it and if it aint broke dont fix it! Well, its broke and would like to go with an SE or the K&N. IF I can just use the SE backing Plate #29510-05 as Crocker pointed out I will just use it. I was originally thinking I had to replace with a new kit type thing. Maybe not as I can reuse the AN filter and associated hardware.

TIA,

Bodeen

OK now you owe me a coke LOL glad you are getting it sorted out Capital Jack:s

Bubbie: There are S.E. backing plates only on ebay starting at $35. They look identical to the Ness B.S.
Because of your warning a long time ago about the N.B.S. breaking, I bought a S.E. kit. So far no problems.

Bodeen; We were posting at the same time. I think the S.E. back plate will work for you.

Last edited:
@ Bike Week we will settle up and have some laughs, no witness protection program funny stuff:p

How'd you know I was in the program Jack? Maybe cause I wasn't in the infamous picture!

Bodeen

Bubbie: There are S.E. backing plates only on ebay starting at $35. They look identical to the Ness B.S.
Because of your warning a long time ago about the N.B.S. breaking, I bought a S.E. kit. So far no problems.

Bodeen; We were posting at the same time. I think the S.E. back plate will work for you.

Thanks Breeze, think I will give it a try.

Bodeen

Last edited by a moderator:
How'd you know I was in the program Jack? Maybe cause I wasn't in the infamous picture!

Bodeen

Remember your post about the witness protection program? I do Yeah I remember time was short that day but I wont forget the camera this time but its OK if you dont want to be identified :newsmile100:

Remember your post about the witness protection program? I do Yeah I remember time was short that day but I wont forget the camera this time but its OK if you dont want to be identified :newsmile100:

Your like my wife, you dont forget anything anybody says! The camera, well thats a different story!

Bodeen

Your like my wife, you dont forget anything anybody says! The camera, well thats a different story!

Bodeen

LOL camera eh, well I aint never going to forget that again another thread hijacked by Capital Jack See you soon:p

Same thing happend to my buddy and he contacted Ness and after sending them some pictures the replaced the parts for him with free shipping. He actually had two problems with his. The first was that the scews that hold the filter to the backing backing plate broke and AN replaced them no cost. Then the backing plate broke as described in earlier post broke AN replaced that as well at no cost.
Seems to me they have major defects in these parts, I went with the heavy breather from HD have not had one problem with it.

From Bubbie's explanation and the pictures below, I can see that there could be a problem, looking at the adapters to the right...but the good news from Slapp seems to be that Arlen Ness does stand behind their product.

tn753s3.jpg

Back