free website stats program Covering my Heritage | Harley Davidson Forums

Covering my Heritage

maxshovel

Greetings! I ride a 2012 Heritage and I live in the South. My bike is always kept in my garage. I'm staying away from home for a couple of months and my bike is with me, under a cover (it is a "Covermax" cover). We do get a good bit of rain, storms, etc. in the deep South and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether I'll be dealing with moisture even with the cover? Also, if the wind is blowing hard, could the cover do any cosmetic damage?
I ride through a lot of adverse weather, but I just hate to see my bike sitting there in a parking lot, under cover!
Thanks,
Max

Why not look into Rent a Space. It might be a better choice. It definitely would be safe and secure and out of the elements...

17197517732404p

These work good in a confined space to control moisture, if your cover is not secured tight the wind could beat the snot out of your paint

Thank you for the responses. I am concerned about the paint, for sure. That portable motorcycle shelter looks great, HDDon! My finances are kinda limited though, so I may have to make do with what I have for right now. I guess I can cover the tank and fenders with soft cloth before I put the "Covermax" cover on, making sure it is secured tight!
Thanks again,
Max

Why not look into Rent a Space. It might be a better choice. It definitely would be safe and secure and out of the elements...

i use to do this when i take my bike to work, you can find them with the first month free, but then some have extra charges. however i liked it and knew my ride was safe

4 sheets of plywood and a handful of 2 x 3's and you can build a little crate that will keep her dry and pop apart when you want to get her in or out ..

Try some old flannel sheets under your cover. They are a soft layer between your bike and the cover. Also, friends of mine put a drop light under the cover to keep moisture out.

Back