free website stats program Cover for storage? Beverly Bay Cover? | Harley Davidson Forums

Cover for storage? Beverly Bay Cover?

Hello, I recieved a Beverly Bay brand motorcycle cover for winter storage for my 09' SG. Has anyone had experience using covers for storage? The cover I recieved is the Aqua -Plush, model that has a nice soft liner on the inside. It boast's the following characteristics on their website:

"Aqua-Plush is a 4 layer fabric featuring a plush lining that provides a soft touch to pamper fine paint finishes. Aqua-Plush is a micro-porous fabric that allows moisture and condensation to evaporate, preventing build-up of mold and mildew. It is virtually waterproof even during heavy downpours and driving rain. Also, it acts as a complete barrier to dust, dirt, salt, tree sap, bird droppings, acid rain and other environmental hazards. UV stability protects surfaces from the damaging rays of the sun. "Heat-shield" bottom panel. Works fantastic indoors and outdoor.

• UV Resistant
• Fade Proof
• Breathable, Super Soft
• Anti-mildew, anti-mold
• Top-of-the-line
• "Heat shield" bottom panel
• Grommets allow cover to be used with locking cable (not provided)
• Storage Bag Included with each cover "

So what do you guys think? I am skeptical at best. I usually just leave it uncovered in the winter so it doesn't have moisture problems. Any feed back is greatly appreciatted. Should I cover it, or return it??? Thanks,

Looks & sounds similar to HD's outside storage cover, but agree w/Smitty on the long-term use caution. I have two HD covers (indoor storage & cotton) & switch during season changes. Unless you plan to keep the bike outside - I'd get/use something more for your need(s). Hate to take off & see results of improper construction & false advertising.

I have an unheated garage/barn that I store my bikes in during the winter. I use a similar cover because of potential "bird droppings", dirt, and dust; it still collects some moisture & condensation.

Hello everyone. Thanks for all the replies. I too have never covered a motorcycle with more than a sheet for winter storage. I bit the bullet and told the girlfriend that I don't feel comfortable using it for indoor storage. It looks like the inside of the tarp is soft and constructed pretty well, but I am afraid it would collect and hold moisture on the bike. Good news is that since I took so long deciding the bike is still in the temperature controlled garage. I will save the tarp just in case I have to store a bike outside. Bring back the warmer weather ohio!:D

Back