free website stats program cost shareing | Harley Davidson Forums

cost shareing

2000classic

Would like some input. Ex-friend and I disagreed on cost sharing for trip from Wisconsin to Daytona. Would be using my vehicle and trailer. Made it clear from begining that I had a two place trailer so I could take someone along on trips such as this to keep cost down, as I would not take this type of trip solo. Too expensive. 2600 miles on vehilcle is nothing to snease at. Wondering how others would share cost. What is fair?

Seems like a no brainer - split the cost of gas and lodging 50/50 and pay for your own food. What did your ex-friend think was "fair?"

Like Dr.D said, 50/50 is more than fair considering all the wear and tear is on your equipment. My brother and I like to just throw a few hundred bucks a piece into a "pot" and then all of the lodging and gas comes out of there. Anything left gets split with a little extra going to the guy with the tow vehicle.

Just my $.02.

50/50 is fair; especially if you were going anyway. Like "mnultra" I would toss in a little extra to help cover the other guy's vehicle wear & tear.

I have always done the same thing each person throws about 500.00 in the pot. Pay all expenses out of the pot and split what's left. I also always gave the vehicle owner extra for the use of there truck and trailer.

I like Crow's idea, money is upfront and evryone going along is in the pot. No misunderstanding.
That said, I would say 50/50 is fair, but is it worth loosing this friend?

Would like some input. Ex-friend and I disagreed on cost sharing for trip from Wisconsin to Daytona. Would be using my vehicle and trailer. Made it clear from begining that I had a two place trailer so I could take someone along on trips such as this to keep cost down, as I would not take this type of trip solo. Too expensive. 2600 miles on vehilcle is nothing to snease at. Wondering how others would share cost. What is fair?

Why don't you tell us what you were thinking in regards to cost sharing? If you were thinking he should pay all expense for you using the truck and trailer... I don't think that's fair either. It would be worth having a friend along and 50/50 like everyone has already stated is a good deal. If you were going alone you have to pay all cost and it's no fun by yourself..

Word of advice. If you are dealing with someone who is going to pull out the calculator everytime they are asked to open their wallet, find another trip mate. Splitting the gas, lodging, food, is the easy part. The wear and tear on equipment, possibility of breakdowns or breakage adds a whole new dimension. You want someone who appreciates the fact that it's not their vehicle or trailer doing the miles and is willing to go the extra distance money wise if there'e a problem.

Is this the reason of the "ex-friend" now!!?

Back